1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Declare His Glory

Discussion in 'Music Ministry' started by FR7 Baptist, May 19, 2012.

1. FR7 Baptist

FR7 Baptist Active Member

My church's choir is in the process of learning Bradley Knight's arrangement of "Declare His Glory". Here's a video of Prestonwood Baptist's music people performing it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uWm7e1YDghQ My choir has just started working on it, so it will be a few weeks before its ready for performance.

I just wanted to share this because I have fallen in love with this song. I especially love the use of dissonance and the minor key in this piece. I really like scary-sounding church music.

2. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

When I was in high school, I attended a summer camp put on by the Presbyterian Church of America for the purpose of establishing a school of sacred music. It was people from all over the South that came together to form a choir. That was one of the selections we sang. We also sang another one based on Psalm 95:3-7. In His hands are the depths of the earth......... The reason the camp was started was that local Presbyterian choirs were not sounding well like their Baptist brothers. Anyway, I think that you will enjoy the arrangement very much.