1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Defence of Position

Discussion in '2003 Archive' started by davidpace, Jun 10, 2003.

1. davidpace

davidpace New Member

So what you are saying, Bible Believer, is that even though you have never spoken to my Pastor, never heard him preach, never have been to his church, never have even seen him, you are ready to pass judgment. Interesting. Isn't it good that God does not judge us with the same judgment? You are wrong for saying that my Pastor is not a man of God, and you will face God for that. You do not have the authority!

Sherrie: Interesting analysis of my actions. Completely false, but very interesting.

#1 I have not attacked anyone. I have been attacked by many of the members here. (By the way, thanks to all of the members that have emailed me. I really appreciate the words of encouragement! [​IMG] )

#2 I came on here and attacked Dr. Bob? HA!! To this point, I have been nothing but respectful to Dr. Bob. I have given him every possible chance to explain why he would falsely accuse my Pastor and church, and he has refused. Still, I have not attacked, or even somewhat disrespected him. I never even knew him, or heard of him, until he accused me of being in a cultish group. I hold no anamosity towards him.

#3 I responded "after" you changed your post, and started the name-calling and flat out telling me off. I had already moved off of the topic, but you decided to edit your paste, and make one last dig at me. Then, I responded.

#4 co-heart? So I guess a member here would have to be my best friend to agree with me, huh? Little do you know that many of the "readers only" agree with me, but simply keep their opinions in emails. (Once again, thanks for all of the friendly emails.)

#5 If I was determined to have Dr. Bob answer me, I would have called him at his church office or at his house. Once he chose to ignore me, I just accepted it.

#6 Mudslinging?? I simply posted scriptures, and explained them. It is not mudslinging. You simply have a problem with what the Bible says on the role of women. Do I hate women? No. In fact, my wife was reading what I wrote and agreed with me entirely. Of course, I guess you think that I brainwashed her. Sorry, but I am not that talented.

Sherrie: You are the one that was involved with the name calling and mudslinging. Go back and read the posts in the order that they were posted. I spoke to you only once before you told me off on the forum, and said how inmature that you thought I was. When I responded back, you simply showed your true colors to the entire board.

One other thing. You said, and I quote
    "I shake the dust from my feet!...and I have no more dealings with you...from this post on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
    Really? Then why did you just post again?
    BaptistBeliever: From your actions on this board, I now know that you are not a Bible Believer. You are a "Part of the Bible-Believer". Read the Scriptures, and quit attacking men of God for something you know nothing about. If you have never met my Pastor or spoke to my Pastor, then you opinion of him is null!

2. Sherrie

Sherrie New Member

In fairness to you David I will respond to you. I have gone back over my post. No post was edited up until I posted on todays date. after each one of my post you responded to that post. Had I posted later, the computer softerware program comes on and automatically prints across the post, that it was edited. And you can see what i mean if you go look at todays post, and June 13 post. You will see the automatic posted line across todays, and nothing on the 13th.

I will, however, accept your apology on your assumption that I did, as you did not know this feature was possible on this thread or on this board.

Only moderators can edit anyones post, and it will clearly be marked by the moderator, and only I can edit mine, besides the moderator and it will be clearly marked for everyone to see.

If I have anything, that I wish to say to you, trust me, I will not wait until your back is turned. You will know I said something right up front.

Sherrie

3. Jailminister

Jailminister New Member

Sherrie, Thanks for the ranting. It at least proves you are a female.
    PS I am Not DP's Cohort.
    I will let you know what I find out about his pastor.

Now go out and have a great day!!!!

4. Jailminister

Jailminister New Member

PS. Sherrie this is where I found that DP(he used arkbuilder at the time and from what I have read has apologized for doing so)first posted and how he came under a vicious attack by another woman.
    anyway here it is:

Author Topic: Noah's Ark Broadcast
    arkbuilder

Member # 5743

posted June 03, 2003 09:55 PM
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    [www.crusaderadio.com]

[ June 05, 2003, 11:01 AM: Message edited by: Dr. Bob Griffin ]
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Posts: 10 | From: Mt. Enterprise, TX | Registered: Mar 2003 | IP: Logged |

I Am Blessed 16

Member # 5169

posted June 04, 2003 09:13 AM
    I think this man is a wolf in sheep's clothing. There is a link at the bottom if you would care to read the rest of his message...

Date:Wednesday, November 4, 1998
    Subject: Sodomites and Blood Money
    W.N. Otwell

ALL SODOMITES AND ALL FALSE RELIGIONS OF THE WORLD

Let me tell you Sodomites, Religions of the World, and any other minority groups, WHO it is that tolerates you, WHO it is that accepts you, and WHO it is that includes you. And WHY it is they tolerate you, WHY it is they accept you, and WHY it is they include you.

Lets look at the WHO it is that tolerates, accepts, and includes you:
    1. The Merchants
    2. The Churches
    3. The Public Schools
    4. The States Universities
    5. The So-called christion schools and colleges
    6. The Democrats and Republicans
    7. The Politicians from the President of the United States, the Governors of the United States, the Mayors of the cities, the United States Senators and Congressmen, the Supreme Court Justices, the State Courts, the District and County Courts and the City Courts
    8. Most people of America
    9. Most Parents

All the above mentioned detest you Sodomites. They really think that you are sick, despicable, and disgusting. But they tolerate you for gain.

[ June 05, 2003, 11:14 AM: Message edited by: Dr. Bob Griffin ]
    Posts: 4575 | From: Lincoln, Illinois | Registered: Jan 2003 | IP: Logged |

5. stubbornkelly

stubbornkelly New Member

Wow, having a whole lot of Heritage Baptist Churches in your area must make for a lot of confusion!

Perhaps you did not mean to be insulting with your 'ranting proves femaleness' bit, but you were.

As for the rest, I think you'll both find that the women on this board are not simply endured. If you have problems with women being fully involved on this board, perhaps you might not find much pleasure in being here.

6. Jailminister

Jailminister New Member

Are you proud of the name "Stubbornkelly"?

Like I said I am not one of DP's cohorts.

7. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

Davidpace You Rudely said to Sherrie:
    I find NO scripture that says Sherrie or any woman is not free to give her opinions or speak to men in public forums or in public in general. You are NOT her husband and she does NOT have to submit to you!

And since you'd rather talk with a bunch of sodomites instead of us.... Go there and do it!

Diane

8. davidpace

davidpace New Member

Well, Sherrie, I do owe you an apology. We posted within 8 minutes of each other, and I see now that you posted 2 in a row. The second post was the one I was referring to.

You also do not have to worry about me talking behind your back. Normally, I would have never brought these Scriptures up, but I truly believe that there is a lack of understanding concerning these Scriptures. Women have a wonderful calling, and have a very special role. The problem starts when a woman gets out of her role. There really is a problem here concerning a "Christian forum". Regardless of what the popular opinion is on this forum, a woman has no authority to tell a man off. The rules of this forum should not go against the rules of the Bible. If this board allows women to openly question, rebuke, or teach a man what she thinks is right, then the forum rules need to be revised. These rules go against the Bible. It is not just my opinion. I am not adding anything to the Scripture. I am simply posting them. I think that it would be a good idea to separate the forums where there was an area for men and an area for women. This way a woman would not be tempted or pressured into doing something that is un-Biblical. Just an idea.

9. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

No, Jailminister??? You go to the same CHURCH and have the same MINISTER as he! Look at your own profile. Unless you were not telling the truth there...

Also, if you'd been around a while, you'd know StubbornKelly got that nickname as a youngster and kept it. It's really NONE of your business why she calls herself what she does!

You guys need to find another board. Rude! Downright rude! Show me in scripture where that is a Fruit of the Spirit????

Diane

10. stubbornkelly

stubbornkelly New Member

My handle isn't what this thread is about, now, is it?

11. Sherrie

Sherrie New Member

Oh David....no worries. I was not correcting you as a mature man....I was explaining to you as a immature young boy, who is whinning.

Sherrie

12. davidpace

davidpace New Member

dianetavegia: Thanks for quoting me. You save me the trouble. As you can clearly see, I never said that she had to submit to me. I did say that she had no right to "assurp authority over me" and "tell me off". The Bible doesn't speak of forums, because there were no forums in those days. However, it does say that women are to be silent in the church. This doesn't mean that they can go outside of the church, and rebuke, question, or assurp authority over men. I am not her husband, and in no way want to assurp authority over her. Or her husband for that matter.

To be fair, though, I really don't have a problem with a woman questioning or being a witness for what her husband has taught her on a forum. But, she did not do this. I will agree that she did this on her first few posts. On the post that I am referring to, she began name-calling, and told me how "inmature" I was. This was where she went out of line. She went past the point of asking questions and being a witness. She flat-out, told me off. I do have a problem with this, and I have no problem telling her that. I do not know her, and she may be a very nice person. Still, she had no "Biblical" authority to do what she did.

Sherrie: You want to talk about co-hearts? Look at all of these "women" defending you.

13. davidpace

davidpace New Member

Well, once again, you are out of line.

#1 You have no "Biblical" authority to correct me. None. You can bring as many of your friends in as you like. You can even bring your Pastor on here if you like. However, the Scripture still stands.

#2 You show your true colors "again" by name-calling. If your 2 year old grandchild was name-calling, you would probably make her take a time out. Why don't you walk what you talk, and be a respectful role model for your grandchild.

Or do you believe the old saying, "Do as grandma says, not as grandma does."

14. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

Again Davidpace said:
    Adding to scripture, are we???? Hmmmm.....

Also, Sherrie is a recent widow and you should respect her and treat her with all kindness. I only see disdain for women in your posts.

BTW... What Preachin' School did you attend? It's Defense.

Diane

15. Sherrie

Sherrie New Member

First off...My husband has been dead for 2 1/2 years.

Second Off...My husband never came to this board.

Third off....Everything I have learned the Holy Spirit has put in my heart.

These WOMEN are members of this board. All Baptist women who stand firm in the Lord!

Did you not ever know what the Bible says to a man about a womans scorn?

Sherrie

16. Sherrie

Sherrie New Member

Ummmm david...If you really want me to call out all my co-hearts then I can.

I will go bring every woman out of the 5555 people on this board and make you look like one sad puppy!

You want to talk? Lets talk!

Sherrie

17. Jailminister

Jailminister New Member

What a bunch of militant feminist.

Diane said, "No, Jailminister??? You go to the same CHURCH and have the same MINISTER as he! Look at your own profile. Unless you were not telling the truth there..."

jailminister says. I never said i didn't know DP, I said I was not his cohort. In fact I am his Dad. All he came over here for was trying to let "fundamental baptist" know about a new internet radio broadcast that has several fundamental pastors and teachers on it and he came under immediate attack from a woman and the board moderator. Totally uncalled for. Then you feminist jump on board. that is why you need to learn to be quite. I know David and All of your accussations is a lie. He is very mature, much more than you feminist, but that is to be expected. You get sherrie whocontinues to falsely accuse him, yet she wants him to forgive and she doesn,t.

Diane said. "Also, if you'd been around a while, you'd know StubbornKelly got that nickname as a youngster and kept it. It's really NONE of your business why she calls herself what she does!"

Jailminister says. If you noticed when I signed up you will KNOW that i have only been around a short time and even at that I have other things to do than just deal with your "ilk". I don't care what she calls herself. But it is not an attribute that to be bragged about(at least not biblically. It is ok for a feminist).

Diane Said."You guys need to find another board. Rude! Downright rude! Show me in scripture where that is a Fruit of the Spirit????"

Jailminister says. II Cor:11:5 For I suppose I was not a whit behind the very chiefest apostles. 6 But though I be rude in speech, yet not in knowledge; but we have been throughly made manifest among you in all things. 7 † Have I committed an offence in abasing myself that ye might be exalted, because I have preached to you the gospel of God freely? 8 I robbed other churches, taking wages of them, to do you service. 9 And when I was present with you, and wanted, I was chargeable to no man: for that which was lacking to me the brethren which came from Macedonia supplied: and in all things I have kept myself from being burdensome unto you, and so will I keep myself. 10 As the truth of Christ is in me, no mana shall stop me of this boasting in the regions of Achaia. 11 Wherefore? because I love you not? God knoweth. 12 But what I do, that I will do, that I may cut off occasion from them which desire occasion; that wherein they glory, they may be found even as we. 13 For such are false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into the apostles of Christ. 14 And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light. 15 Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also be transformed as the ministers of righteousness; whose end shall be according to their works

18. Jette

Jette New Member

You know, David, you would have had more credibility if you hadn't waited until Sherry had you up against the ropes before you began to whine that she was usurping your authority.

Hint #1: This is an internet forum, you have no authority here.

Hint #2: If you're going to whine about women usurping your authority, at least learn to spell it.

Good grief.

Jette

19. davidpace

davidpace New Member

dianetavegia: I do have respect for widows. But are you trying to tell me that a widow cannot sin? And no, I am not adding to the Scriptures. As I said, this does not mean that she can go outside of the Church and assurp authority. Do you believe that the Church is the 4 walls? I was under the impression that the Church was not the building, but the children of God. Do you not believe this?

Sherrie: You can call 5555 members, you can call your Pastor, in fact, you can call President Bush and have him defend you. However, the scripture still stands. What part of that are you having such a problem understanding? And by the way, I will never be a sad puppy as long as I am standing on the Word. You have not one time showed me a Scripture that reflects anything that you believe. There is something to that, Sherrie! I'm sorry about your husband, but that gives you no right to assurp authority over men.

20. Jailminister

Jailminister New Member

Oh you ladies are so right. I must apologize. Here is what the scripture must have meant.

Original:1 Tim 2:12 But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence.

Your new feminist version:1 Tim 2:12 But I PREFER not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, UNLESS SHE IS NOT AT CHURCH OR ON AN INTERNET FORUM THEN SHE CAN DO WHATEVER THE HECK SHE WANTS TO DO,but to be in silence, BUT ONLY IF SHE WANTS TO BE IN SILENCE.
    [​IMG]