1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Define Separation

Discussion in '2000-02 Archive' started by Justified, Jul 23, 2002.

1. kathy56

kathy56 New Member

What does IFB mean?

2. Dootles

Dootles New Member

Dear Woody,

Thank you for the encouragement and Bible verses! I appreciate it all!

I apologize for taking so long to get back to this post. I actually replied already a day or so ago, but my reply ended up lost in space I guess. I'm not very computer savy, so who knows what I did with it/where it ended up???

I guess Biblical separation means having to give up pet sins, which is not easy, because they are also habits.

I do believe it is a matter of the heart/mind, but I also know it matters what we feed our hearts & minds and I know the Holy Spirit wouldn't want me partaking in some of the things I do. I will ask Him to help me desire the right things.

I long for the days when this won't be an issue to us because we'll be in His kingdom and we won't even think about worldly things!

Thank you,
    (sister)Dootles

3. mesly

mesly Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Independent, Fundamental, Baptist (IFB).

4. hincy

hincy Guest

As a Christian and Baptist, I feel sucure and comfortable in the worldly settings, and feel thats where Jesus Christ would have me. How can I demonstrate to the world how good it is to be a Christian by sticking my head in the sand and avoiding the world. How can I minister as we are called to do by avoiding the world. Look in the crowd and see who is having the most fun and you will find it is a true believer in Jesus Christ. Lets take what we have to the world instead of letting the world take us. A Christian example in a worldly setting, ballgame, church, honky-tonk,car race, etc, is what the world needs to see. Thank you and enjoy the world as God gave it to us.

5. Justified

Justified New Member

Well, some very interesting posts. [​IMG]

Still going through them and will be going over all the Scripture given to back up views. ;)

As for those who gave opinions with out Scripture, Well!, no wasting my time! :D

Thanks again for your time. [​IMG]