1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Definitions of MV preferred; 1-5 scale!

Discussion in '2004 Archive' started by LRL71, Jan 21, 2004.

1. Keith M

Keith M New Member

There is a very obvious #6 missing...ESV Thinline Only!

Seriously ;) , I would consider myself somewhere between #1 and #2.

2. LRL71

LRL71 New Member

What? No one here yet has stated they are either a #4 or a #5?? The highest yet would be #3, and that's only me and one other person. Mostly 2's and 1's. Very interesting..... no one here is MV-only or MV-strongly preferred. :eek:

3. robycop3

robycop3 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It COULD be that most MV users like I, who also uses the AV 1611 KJV, & sometimes even the Geneva Bible, know God isn't limited to just one version as the Onlyists would have us believe, knowing that both many older varsions as well as many newer versions, are equally valid.

4. Craigbythesea

Craigbythesea Active Member

LRL71,

Thank you for the bump. I missed this thread earlier. On your scale I am about a 2.9. I use the KJV when communicating in a non-confrontational manner with those who strongly favor that translation. [​IMG] Otherwise, I almost exclusively use contemporary translations and compare them regularly with the manuscript evidence including that of the Byzantine, Alexandrian, and Western text types. The NASB does the best job in handling the Greek verb system and does such a good job that I can almost always tell what tense of a verb was used in the Greek manuscripts by seeing how the NASB translates the verb. :cool: That is not the case with the KJV. :( The NIV does a very poor job in handling the Greek verb system and in some cases radically recasts sentences in such a way that important verbs are not translated at all. :( Some contemporary translations are so poor that I never use them for anything. :( I never us paraphrases of the Bible. :(