Deleting Posts

Discussion in 'Member Questions, Feedback & Suggestions' started by Internet Theologian, Mar 2, 2016.

1. Internet Theologian

Internet Theologian
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

At times some of us get a 'Hey we deleted your post because you questioned salvation, attacked' or whatever.

There is no way that the person receiving that message can see what exactly this person has deleted and why. The post is then unavailable.

It would be honorable if the post deleted was shared so that both parties can establish the verity of doing so. Or not. ;)

It reminds me of Ben Carson getting audited by the IRS after what he stated at the annual prayer breakfast. :)

• Like Like x 1
  2. Squire Robertsson

Squire Robertsson
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Administrator

While edited posts are no longer available for public view, they are available to the mods. Upon request, the Mod team will PM the requester the pertinent passage.

However, please keep in mind this section from the Terms of Service:

• Like Like x 3
  3. tyndale1946

tyndale1946
    Expand Collapse

I have posted a reply and maybe later on realized after further consideration had second thoughts on what I said and deleted my own post... One time I had deleted a post but before in went into effect not soon after some one answered the post I deleted... I knew this because it was above the quote in their reply... It wasn't 2 minutes after I posted it I decided to deleted it... I guess I wasn't fast enough!... Should you state a reason why you deleted a post?... Brother Glen

4. Squire Robertsson

Squire Robertsson
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Administrator

When deleting a post, the current software has the option of giving a reason to the poster. Which I use. However, currently there is no provision for giving a reason for an edit.

5. tyndale1946

tyndale1946
    Expand Collapse

So if a moderator deletes a post the poster is notified why it was deleted and the reason for it and only he and the moderator know... Whereas if I deleted my own post and gave a reason for the deletion would the moderator see it?... Brother Glen

6. Squire Robertsson

Squire Robertsson
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Administrator

Nope and I have wondered at times. But, who am I to question a member's self discipline.

7. tyndale1946

tyndale1946
    Expand Collapse

That is why I never include why I deleted my own post... I know my reason but it would redundant to say why as only I would see it... Brother Glen

8. TCassidy

TCassidy
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Administrator

If a poster deletes his own post the Moderators and Administrators are not informed of the deletion let alone why it was deleted.

However, if a Moderator or Administrator goes into the forum he can see where the deleted post used to be and view it, so if the poster put a reason in the post of why he was deleting it the Moderators or Administrators could see the reason. :)

9. tyndale1946

tyndale1946
    Expand Collapse

So what I should have said is the flesh said I should post this then the Christian said what would Jesus do?... So I deleted it but oh how I struggled not to press the button!... Brother GlenSneaky

• Like Like x 1