1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Democrat Aligned Group Calls Petraeus a Traitor

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by carpro, Sep 10, 2007.

1. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    http://www.weeklystandard.com/Content/Public/Articles/000/000/014/091rhesh.asp

MoveOn.org Calls Petraeus a Traitor
    Do Democrats in Congress agree?
    by Pete Hegseth

EXCERPT

Tomorrow--as General David Petraeus provides his Iraq assessment to Congress--the antiwar group MoveOn.org is running a full-page advertisement in the New York Times under the headline: "General Petraeus or General Betray us? Cooking the books for the White House."

Let's be clear: MoveOn.org is suggesting that General Petraeus has 'betrayed' his country.

This is disgusting. To attack as a traitor an American general commanding forces in war because his 'on the ground' experience does not align with MoveOn.org's political objectives is utterly shameful. It shows contempt for America's military leadership, as well as for the troops who have confidence in him, as our fellow soldiers in Iraq certainly do.

2. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    This is shameful by moveon.org.

Reminds me of how some supporters of staying in Iraq refer to those who disagree with them as cut and runners, aiding the enemy, etc.

3. 2 Timothy2:1-4

2 Timothy2:1-4 New Member

More aid and comfort to the enemy. It is a disgusting and shameful day in American history. The Senators called him a liar today.

4. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Which ones?

5. 2 Timothy2:1-4

6. NiteShift

NiteShift New Member

Reid & Pelosi are afraid that Americans will hear for themselves that things are going better in Iraq, with the new leadership and different tactics. And of course, that would be "a real big problem for us." They have to get their side out there before Petraeus reports. Politics as usual.

7. Pastor Larry

Pastor Larry <b>Moderator</b>
    Site Supporter

You have a bad reminder. There is no similarity here whatsoever.

8. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Actually, there is. Here are some comments from readers at the link that Timmy provided talking about Senator Reid and those opposed to the Bush policy in Iraq:

"What they are doing is treason"

"Reid is a pathetic idiot and a cowardly traitor."

"Harry ‘the traitor’ Reid’s logic escapes me."

#8 KenH, Sep 10, 2007
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2007
  9. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    1. Reid is a senator, not senators.

2. That clip was from April, not today.

3. Simply because a general tied to the Bush administration's policy says something doesn't make it necessarily the truth - or a lie.

#9 KenH, Sep 10, 2007
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2007
  10. 2 Timothy2:1-4

Well you know it all depends on what "is" is.

11. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Gee whiz, Tim, I was all set to just agree with you and start the wave.

Then it was brought to light that, in reference to an event that happened today, you used an article that was written 4 1/2 months ago.

So what were you trying to prove with that article? Did they call him a liar today, or did they just promise to call him a liar -- and then didn't?

How about getting back to the topic?

moveon.org needs to be branded as traitors themselves, and treated accordingly.

12. JustChristian

JustChristian New Member

I thought in America we are free to voice opinions against the administration. If you say that right is suspended during wartime I guess Bush has suspended it indefinitely.

13. YOUTUBECANBESAVED

YOUTUBECANBESAVED New Member

I think President Bush is trying to pass on all his troubles on to the next President which means people will die who should not die. I think this President really is out of touch with reality and the American people. We still have won in Iraq and have victory but to keep puting money into a dry hole and waste lives and trillions of dollars(it could go to a trillion) is shameful. I agree with the democrats we should pull back but not totally leave Iraq and the middle east we must be wise and redeploy and get our soldiers out of a middle of a civil war.

14. 2 Timothy2:1-4

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB118947895012123524.html?mod=googlenews_wsj

15. 2 Timothy2:1-4

16. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    We are free to voice opinions against the administration.

I also thought we were free to voice opinions about people who voice opinions. Are you saying that right has been suspended?

17. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Tim, this is what you originally said. I focus your attention on the word "today." You continually bring up articles from days and months before. Where's your article that says senators called Petraeus a liar on Sep 10, 2007?

Shucks, Tim, just go back and edit out the word "today." I agree with you; the senators had no business calling him a liar at any time. If they think so little of him, then remove him from the position. Don't leave him in the position, but question his integrity and ability to lead.

18. 2 Timothy2:1-4

First, I couldnt go back an edit anything even if that is what I wanted to do at this point. It is ridiculous but that is how this board does things.

Second You should go back and read the last two article posted. They are not from months ago.

Third the reporting of their calling him a liar was on local radio where I originally heard it. I was listening all day yesterday. I cannot post a live program. The last two articles as well as the first confirm that this is what is going on.

19. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Democrats continue to show their lack of class.

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/Decision2008/story?id=3581727&page=1

EXCERPT

A spokesman for Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid, D-Nev., said while the ad gave Republicans "a new talking point," Reid would not be decrying the ad.

SNIP

Asked if they would condemn the MoveOn.org ad, the Democratic presidential frontrunners all demurred but tellingly, all of them refrained from criticizing Gen. Petraeus personally.

20. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It's not a matter of voicing opinions. It's about impugning the credibility of a man who has dedicated his life to the service of his country...

before they even hear what he has to say.

"The goal here is not to debate, but to destroy. " (Hat tip to 2nd Tim)

Democrats have forgotten how to debate. Moveon leads them around by the nose. A good general and leader is called a traitor for having the temerity to have an educated opinion that is different from their uneducated hysterical one.