1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Democrat Politicians

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by OldRegular, Dec 23, 2005.

?
  1. Power

100.0%
  2. The United States

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

On an earlier post [page 4, December 24, 1:07 PM] I made the following statement:

I did not speak as to how God looked upon sin. I simply stated: "... the murder of unborn children [40,000,000 and counting] and the acceptance of homosexual perversion are destroying this nation."

Notwithstanding what anyone else on this Forum thinks the sins of murdering unborn children and accepting homosexuality as normal are destroying the moral fabric of this nation. That cannot be said about other sins as bad as they may be. Trying to equate the affect of the sins of lying, stealing, and cheating on this nation with the affect of the murder of unborn children or homosexual perversion is nonsense.

2. OldRegular

If I remember correctly Ken it is the red who has the blue on the ropes, contrary to your smiley.

3. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

That's only illusion OR, the fight is rigged in favor of world government. The so called liberal media that's mostly owned and controlled by conservative corporatists have been hammering into our heads that abortion is a woman's choice and homosexuality is cool. It's population control on the sly UN style. The break up of the family is the goal.

4. OldRegular

Where do you get the idea of corporate conservatives. Most of the money given to the democrat party is large donations from liberal fat cats.

5. JamieinNH

JamieinNH New Member

And WHERE do you think the Republicans get their money?

BOTH Parties partake of moneies from places/people/companies they shouldn't.

BOTH parties are corrupt beyond repair.

BOTH parties are liars, cheaters, and theves.

Jamie

6. OldRegular

But only the democrat party is in favor of killing unborn children.

7. JamieinNH

JamieinNH New Member

And is this to say that ALL Republicans for against it? Think about what you're saying here.

Also, not all Democrats are for Abortion. It seems there is a group that is Pro-Life and Democrats.

http://www.democratsforlife.org/

Jamie

[ December 27, 2005, 12:01 AM: Message edited by: JamieinNH ]

8. JamieinNH

JamieinNH New Member

OK, I had to post this since I found this to be the exact thing I have been saying all a long, AND it's from a website that supports Republican's to boot.

[​IMG]
    You must look past the Party Label if you care about electing pro-choice officials!

You Can't trust the Party, you have to trust the person's Values!

Jamie

9. StraightAndNarrow

StraightAndNarrow Active Member

The Roe vs. Wade court which legalized abortion was heavily Republican (7/9 I believe). In a very real sense, Republicans are primarily responsible for abortion not Democrats.

10. hillclimber

hillclimber New Member

The party platforms is what you should be focusing on, not individual politicians. The Democrats support abortion as a platform of the party:
    On Abortion: Support right to choose even if mother cannot pay
    Because we believe in the privacy and equality of women, we stand proudly for a woman's right to choose, consistent with Roe v. Wade, and regardless of her ability to pay. We stand firmly against Republican efforts to undermine that right. At the same time, we strongly support family planning and adoption incentives. Abortion should be safe, legal, and rare.

And the Republican Party platform:
    We must keep our pledge to the first guarantee of the Declaration of Independence. That is why we say the unborn child has a fundamental individual right to life which cannot be infringed. We support a human life amendment to the Constitution and we endorse legislation to make it clear that the 14th Amendment's protections apply to unborn children. Our purpose is to have legislative and judicial protection of that right against those who perform abortions. We oppose using public revenues for abortion and will not fund organizations which advocate it. We support the appointment of judges who respect traditional family values and the sanctity of innocent human life.

11. JamieinNH

JamieinNH New Member

Please explain to me why I should hold a person accountable for a group's actions.

Jamie

12. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Party platforms are even more ignored by politicians in both major parties than the U.S. constitution.

13. OldRegular

The Roe vs. Wade court which legalized abortion was heavily Republican (7/9 I believe). In a very real sense, Republicans are primarily responsible for abortion not Democrats. </font>[/QUOTE]Your logic is faulty in the extreme.

In the 22 years from 1973 [The year of Roe v Wade.] until the Republicans took control of the House in 1995 [During which time about 30,000,000 babies were murdered.] the democrats house did nothing to restrict the murder of the unborn. After the Republicans took control of the House they twice passed the Ban on Partial Birth Abortions, sent it to the Senate, and then to Clinton who vetoed it twice.

After Bush was elected President the Ban was passed for the third time and Bush signed it into law. The Federal courts have it on hold but hopefully that will change after Justice O'Conner is replaced.

14. OldRegular

Party platforms are even more ignored by politicians in both major parties than the U.S. constitution. </font>[/QUOTE]You are correct but the platforms still reflect the views of the Party if not the politicians.

15. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    It is the politicians who are in office, not the major parties in general as reflected by their platforms.

16. StraightAndNarrow

StraightAndNarrow Active Member

The Roe vs. Wade court which legalized abortion was heavily Republican (7/9 I believe). In a very real sense, Republicans are primarily responsible for abortion not Democrats. </font>[/QUOTE]Your logic is faulty in the extreme.

In the 22 years from 1973 [The year of Roe v Wade.] until the Republicans took control of the House in 1995 [During which time about 30,000,000 babies were murdered.] the democrats house did nothing to restrict the murder of the unborn. After the Republicans took control of the House they twice passed the Ban on Partial Birth Abortions, sent it to the Senate, and then to Clinton who vetoed it twice.

After Bush was elected President the Ban was passed for the third time and Bush signed it into law. The Federal courts have it on hold but hopefully that will change after Justice O'Conner is replaced.
    </font>[/QUOTE]Try rational thinking. I said the Republicans controlled the Roe vs. Wade court. THE REPUBLICANS MADE ABORTION LEGAL. GET IT?

17. OldRegular

</font>[/QUOTE]Try rational thinking. I said the Republicans controlled the Roe vs. Wade court. THE REPUBLICANS MADE ABORTION LEGAL. GET IT?
    </font>[/QUOTE]Your faulty logic is that just because the Justices were appointed by Republicans they thought like Republicans. They did not. A rogue court issued the Roe v Wade decision. GET IT. :D

If you will think rationally just a little bit you will recall what the democrat Senate did to an appointee who thought like a Republican, Judge Bork. They tried to do the same thing to Justice Thomas but he out smarted them. The democrats will likely filibuster Judge Alito. Hopefully you can understand all this, but?????. :D

18. hillclimber

hillclimber New Member

Please explain to me why I should hold a person accountable for a group's actions.

Jamie
    </font>[/QUOTE]I don't require anything from you. You should seek the Lords leading.

19. hillclimber

hillclimber New Member

Party platforms are even more ignored by politicians in both major parties than the U.S. constitution. </font>[/QUOTE]So party platforms are meaningless Ken. I don't think so. The two statements speak for themselves. The democrats stand for murder of the unborn, and the republicans stand for life. It's quite simple.

20. OldRegular

Party platforms are even more ignored by politicians in both major parties than the U.S. constitution. </font>[/QUOTE]So party platforms are meaningless Ken. I don't think so. The two statements speak for themselves. The democrats stand for murder of the unborn, and the republicans stand for life. It's quite simple. </font>[/QUOTE]Also the dems don't tolerate very well any pro-life politicians. Recall when they refused to allow Gov. Casey of Pa. permission to speak at the national convention, 2002 I believe.