1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Democratic Leaders Threaten to Admonish Wilson

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Crabtownboy, Sep 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'm sure he's shakin' in his boots!

2. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

Best quote of the thread. You will see thread after thread of two groups slugging it out over whether the Democrats or Republicans are more moral and closer to God. The reality of the situation is that neither party has a thing in common with the Lord. Both the parties and the thugs who run them were born in the pits of hell. The whole lot of them think within the context of greed and power. The nicest thing that could be said about them is that they are self indulgent slobs. They have no heart for serving the American people or governing by the Constitution.

The antics of the Democrats are obvious. For those that think that Republicans have a head up on morality, maybe we should get Governor Sanford, Senator Toetapping Craig, Senator I Apologize Vitter, Senator My Wife Stands by Me Ensign, and US Represenative I Like Young Pages Foley to take over your local church staff.

Pinoy, you are exactly right. The only place we will rid ourselves of such scum is with the Lord. It is not that anyone in this world is perfect, but there was a time when some of our leaders had a similance of integrity.

3. sag38

sag38 Active Member

Calling town hall protesters "brown shirts, "nazi's," etc.. and no apologies from the left.

4. preachinjesus

preachinjesus Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

I thought the ridiculously over the top rhetoric, furrowing their brows, and wagging their fingers was enough. ;)

5. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I would still like to know what this means "'If you misrepresent what's in the plan we will call you out".

Can anyone tell me what is the sense of the phrase "call you out"?

Like someone suggested "let's go out side and settle this".

Or will someone "call out" in the House "HankD you lie!" (for instance)?

HankD

6. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    As the old joke says - Q: "How can you tell if a politician is lying?" A: "If his lips are moving."

Can anyone name a politician who has not said something that can be termed a lie? Well, other than George Washington. :)

7. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It's just another page out of the liberal hypocrisy handbook.

It's OK for Harry Reid to call President Bush a "liar" and a "loser".

It's OK for democrats to catcall an boo President Bush during a speech to a joint session of Congress.

But it's no OK for a Republican to say Obama's comment is a lie, even though it clearly is.

8. padredurand

padredurand Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I think the whole lot of them owe the American public an apology. Sadly, it would be improper for me to call them guttersnipe.

9. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Actually it won't be a lie if Obama grants amnesty to all "illegal" aliens in the US. There just wouldn't be any.

He was probably looking ahead to the time when they would have been granted absolution and therefore simply "aliens" authorized to receive the public option probably at no cost.

HankD

10. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Good point!

That may be the plan.

(Hat tip to Poncho for the same idea)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.