Democrats Banish Clinton Delegate Who is Now Undecided

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Revmitchell, Jul 29, 2008.

1. Revmitchell

Revmitchell
    Expand Collapse

Madison, Wis. - Wisconsin Democrats on Friday ousted a delegate to their national convention for saying she would vote for Republican presidential candidate Sen. John McCain in November.

Embarrassed by a defection in their ranks, the Wisconsin Democratic Party's administrative committee voted 23-0 to strip Debra Bartoshevich of her status as a delegate to the Denver convention next month.

Story Here

2. windcatcher

windcatcher
    Expand Collapse

I'm surprised this delegate didn't know that the Democratic Party, for the most part, requires party allegiance and loyalty above individual conscience! Of the two parties, I've always felt the Republican Party had more allowance for the inclusion of 'independant' thinkers, who refuse to kow-toe to every party loyalty.

The Dems seem to encourage division and give a platform for every minority group and special interest, but they require a pound of flesh and the commitment of soul....... or near most.

I guess an argument could be made for an elected delegate to support their party.... but, whether or not a true reflection of representation for those who elected.....still there's the confidence of the vote which gave them that privilege....and should not be the determination of the party......imo.

3. JustChristian

JustChristian
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

That being said, how do you think the Republican party would treat a delegate to their convention who openly supported Obama?