1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Democrats beating the war drums!

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by steaver, Aug 27, 2013.

1. steaver

steaver Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Brother poncho, Jesus dying on the cross was God's will even before God created the world and sin ever happened. We have to look at the whole plan before God created. The entire plan, thought of and implemented by God, was the perfect plan for God to make Himself known, show His great power and love, and glorify Jesus Christ God Himself! It is so fabulously a wonderful plan that it goes beyond what any human being could have ever thought of themselves.

Romans9:22-23"[What] if God, willing to show [his] wrath, and to make his power known, endured with much longsuffering the vessels of wrath fitted to destruction: And that he might make known the riches of his glory on the vessels of mercy, which he had afore prepared unto glory,"

It is what it is, what else can we do but accept what God has said? Even though some things be hard for us to comprehend.

And as hard as it is for us to accept, it did "please" God to suffer the Son to death (Isaiah 53:10) "Yet it pleased the LORD to bruise him; he hath put [him] to grief: when thou shalt make his soul an offering for sin, he shall see [his] seed, he shall prolong [his] days, and the pleasure of the LORD shall prosper in his hand."

#41 steaver, Aug 31, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 31, 2013
  2. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

It's a simple concept. God said His will is that no one should perish. Which part of that don't you get? Is it God said? Or is it what God said?

I'm showing my Baptist roots here when I say "God said it, I believe it and that's the end of it". God said His will is that no one should perish. And I believe Him over you.

One more time. God said His will is that no one should perish. But Steaver says God''s will is that billions should perish. One of you is wrong and I'm pretty certain it ain't God.

#42 poncho, Aug 31, 2013
  3. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

Actually, I can shorten that for you. God said it and that's the end of it. It makes no difference if we believe it or not.

4. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

I happen to be one who believes what God said and I also believe God knows more about what His will is than Steaver.

#44 poncho, Aug 31, 2013
  5. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I believe 2Pt3:9, but I have studied it and understand how this harmonizes with all the scriptures which you have ignored that I have presented showing your error in application of the verse. I consider the full counsel of God's word on this matter of His will, you on the other hand, are clinging to this verse and disregarding other scripture concerning the will of God.

6. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

There is no need for me to string together a bunch of bible verses or rely on Matthew Henry's (man's) understanding it's plain enough even a child can understand it..

God said what He meant and He meant what He said.

One last time. God said, His will is that no one should perish. If God had meant otherwise He would have said so. How you can continue to misinterpret something so plain and simple is beyond my powers of comprehension.

I'm done here. I hope you and Joel have a nice warm and fuzzy happy happy happy life together. :wavey:

#46 poncho, Aug 31, 2013
  7. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Ok, we each gave what we know, let the reader decide for themselves. God speed! :thumbs: