1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Democrats Remove Troop Withdrawal Timetable from Legislation

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by 2 Timothy2:1-4, May 23, 2007.

1. 2 Timothy2:1-4

2 Timothy2:1-4 New Member

Washington, May 3 (RHC).- U.S. President George W. Bush and congressional leaders on Capitol Hill began negotiating a second war funding bill on Wednesday, with Democrats offering their first major concession: an agreement to drop their demand for a timeline to bring troops home from occupied Iraq.
    Democrats backed off after the House failed, on a vote of 222 to 203, to override the president's veto of a $124 billion measure that would have required U.S. occupation forces to begin withdrawing as early as July. But party leaders made it clear that the next bill will have to include language that influences war policy.

http://www.periodico26.cu/english/news_world/iraq050307.htm

wow! that is quite a failure.

2. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    They were just playing politics. They knew it had no chance from the get go.

Just trying to please their radical leftwing nutball base.

3. 2 Timothy2:1-4

I disagree. I believe they wanted it and made every attempt to make it happen. Apparently they do not have the mandate they wanted.

4. JamieinNH

JamieinNH New Member

Yea, I agree Bush should have never gotten us into the war. What a failure.

It's too bad the Congress didn't have the guts to stand for what they believed in. Oh well.. Dr Paul will try to fix things when he is elected in 08. :)

Jamie

5. JamieinNH

JamieinNH New Member

True. If they weren't then they would have stuck to what they wanted. But this isn't any different than when the Republicans had the Congress.

Like I said before in the aboved post. Dr Paul will try to begin to fix things when he is elected. That is if he is voted for by the same people that claim they want change and a conservative government.

Time will tell if the conservative base really wants to be conservative or do they just want to have power?

Jamie

6. JamieinNH

JamieinNH New Member

Easy to throw jabs from the sidelines isn't it? They are no better or no worse then the other party. Until we reconize that and vote in someone that is true to their word and form, then we get exactly what "we the people" ask for.

Jamie
    Ron Paul - President 2008!

7. StraightAndNarrow

StraightAndNarrow Active Member

Believe me. By far the biggest failure is GW Bush and the NeoCons.

8. 2 Timothy2:1-4

Uh....No. can't do that.

9. Baptist in Richmond

Baptist in Richmond Active Member

I would say that they did, and that they have failed to deliver, which explains their eroding approval ratings.

As for the "mandate," it's worth noting that not one single Democratic incumbent lost in 2006. That would be more of a "mandate" than when the VP claimed the Administration had one in 2004.

10. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

It seems that all of the arguing about whether or not we should have gotten into Iraq, and all of the posts about George Bush's failed leadership, although true, serve no purpose at this point in time. The fact is we are in Iraq, George Bush is President, and his time is short. It seems we could spend all of that energy to use the time he has left (18 months) to do something to resolve the mess we are in with everyone working together.

The only thing I wonder about anymore, with Iran coming to the front again is, that when Mr. Bush defined the axis of evil in 2003, would our nation have been better served by going after Iran first, and using some other method on Iraq. Any thoughts?

11. Baptist in Richmond

Baptist in Richmond Active Member

THANK YOU!
    As I have written before, Iraq is a quagmire.
    There is no way out of Iraq, and because of this, we are now stuck there.

If we invade Iran, we are playing right into the hands of the extremists, who would undoubtedly proclaim to the Islamic world that the 4th crusade has begun. That could potentially cause problems for Saudi Arabia, Egypt, Pakistan, and even some of the countries in Southeast Asia.

Regards,
    BiR

12. 2 Timothy2:1-4

It might have been better. But I do not remember a compelling reason back then to go into Iran.

13. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Amen, Brother!:applause: