1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Democrats see progress on health care bill compromise

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by FR7 Baptist, Jan 15, 2010.

1. FR7 Baptist

FR7 Baptist Active Member

Article Link

This is good. I'm glad that they have managed to come to a compromise so that Federal funds are not being used for abortions because I'm very pro-life. I'm not too happy about the labor unions being exempt from insurance taxes, however. It still is bad that there is no public option, but maybe the exchanges will put downward pressure on costs.

2. targus

targus New Member

Where did you ever get that idea?

Your article states... "With the tax issue at least partially resolved, abortion stands as one of the final stumbling blocks. The Senate bill, which was approved Dec. 24 on 60-39 vote, would allow people who receive subsidies to sign up for a health care plan that covers abortions but all enrollees of those plans would pay a separate premium used to cover the procedure. The more restrictive House would bar women who receive federal subsidies from choosing a plan that covers abortions."

IMO - the separate premium is simply an accounting gimmick. Federal money will still pay for abortions.