1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Democrats Vow to Fight on After Zarqawi Loss

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by carpro, Jun 9, 2006.

1. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I am a conservative independent and owe allegiance to no party.

The President's immigration policy is a disaster. :tongue3:

The medicare prescription drug program is far too expensive and should never have been passed in it's current form.:smilewinkgrin:

He has allowed unbridled spending by not judiciously using his veto powers. "Pork" is inundating the country.:tear:

His War on Terror policy is dead on.:thumbs:

2. Daisy

Daisy New Member

Well, it's on and results in thousands upon thousands dead...

3. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Daisy maybe you are different. But the majority of those that I hear constantly beating this issue,( and it is a shame it has to happen) typically never mention or publically complain about the thousands and thousands of deaths that occur every year as a result of murdering unborn children.

Why are the two a fair comparison? Maybe I dont really need to explain it but just incase someone tries to make the argument that they are not let me go ahead.

The two are a fair comparison because unborn children, and they are children, are an innocent victim to the religion of "its my body". Which by the way should never have such a priority that someone else should die. If you dont want to have a baby dont have sex. Works 100% of the time.

Anyway, (and again I say you may not be one of these) To cry out for the lives of those lost in war, but demand the lives of those unborn children(and they are children) is hypocritical, without common sense, and rediculous.

P.S.
    I know, yes another post that includes abortion.

4. Terry_Herrington

Terry_Herrington New Member

So your opinion seems to be that as long as abortion is legal in the United States, any other atrocity is to be accepted, after all it can't be as bad as the abortion issue, right? You are attempting to use one injustice to justify another.

5. Hope of Glory

Hope of Glory New Member

Here locally, a group of democrats gathered at a park in the center of town to mourn the death of Zarquawi (sp?).

That being said, 44,000-98,000 die anually from hospital mistakes (Source), while the deaths in the the war in Iraq, while regrettable, are amazingly low.

We obviously need to ban hospitals and all of us go to war.

For what it's worth, accidental gun deaths in the US are below 2,000, and murders using knives and blunt objects exceed gun murders by far.

Instead of decrying war and guns, we should be in the streets protesing hospitals and Louisville Sluggers!

6. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Wow! you have been able to put a mouthful of words in my mouth. I am at a loss as to how you came up with this..........junk.

:smilewinkgrin:

7. Terry_Herrington

Terry_Herrington New Member

You seemed to be saying that since so many babies are aborted, this somehow makes complaining about the death of almost 2500 soldiers in Iraq insignificant

#27 Terry_Herrington, Jun 14, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 15, 2006
  8. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thousands of Americans died before it was on.

Lest we forget...

911 actually did happen.

Lest we also forget...

There has been no re-occurrence.

9. Magnetic Poles

Magnetic Poles New Member

Lest we forget, Iraq had no role in the Sept. 11 attacks.

Lest we forget, the mastermind behind the plot is free to plot future attacks.

I read somewhere that if Bush had been POTUS on Dec. 7, 1941, he would have invaded Mexico to retailiate for Pearl Harbor. Sounds about right.

10. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Actually, that might have been a good idea.

Mexico is invading the U.S. today.

Maybe we should have beat them to the punch.

11. Magnetic Poles

We already done did it! :)

The settlement and taking of Texas, and the Mexican War.

12. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The United States did not "take" Texas.

Texans won their independence on their own. :thumbs:

When taken in as a state, Texas was an independent Republic and had been for 10 years.

13. Magnetic Poles

Many of the Texians had full intention of petitioning the US for statehood, as they were Americans. It can be argued that the Republic of Texas was always an interim entity, with the Texians acting in proxy for the U.S. In any case, they were US citizens who settled in the state, agreed to terms which they then proceeded to break, and ultimately revolted against the government in Mexico City. So yeah, I'd call it "taken". :) Plus, many of the dead at the Alamo were mercenary fighters from the U.S.

#33 Magnetic Poles, Jun 15, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 15, 2006
  14. Dave

Dave Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes, and they also would never have succeeded if Santa Anna hadn't been a bloodthursty goon and given the Texans a cause to rally around.

15. Dave

Dave Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I wonder, is it the view of certain people on this board that the US should give back every territory won in battle? Is this limited to the US or does it apply to every nation? If so, how far back in history do we go? Do we look for decendents of the Visigoths and give Spain and Portugal back to them? Maybe we resurrect Byznatium? Why stop with Mexico and Texas?

16. Magnetic Poles

Hmmm...you are the first person I've seen advocating that. You can't undo history. Otherwise, all non-native American people would have to leave. About as dumb of an idea as reparations to the descendants of slaves.

17. Dave

Dave Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Exactly, as is suggesting that Mexico sending their people north of the border is justifiable because we took Texas from them!

18. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by carpro
    The United States did not "take" Texas.

Texans won their independence on their own. :thumbs:

When taken in as a state, Texas was an independent Republic and had been for 10 years.

Nothing you said alters the truth of my statements.

Mercenarys?
    They all had a chance to leave and not face certain death.
    How much were those "mercenarys" paid to volunteer to stay and die at the Alamo, I wonder?

I wonder how they figured they figured to spend their loot after they were dead?

They were pretty lousy at being "mercenary".

19. Daisy

Daisy New Member

Really? Do you have a source for that?

Not among the Iraqis, especially when you factor in deaths from the destroyed infrastructure, which while regrettable is inevitable in a prolonged siege.

20. Hope of Glory

Hope of Glory New Member

Nothing other than my two eyes that saw them every time I drove my school bus by them. Perhaps I could get my attendant to write you a letter that you could use as a source.

Those idiots are out the protesting every good thing that the US does, but what can you expect from a bunch of liberals?