1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

demons versus mental illness

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by amity, Apr 2, 2007.

1. donnA

donnA Active Member

Really, shown where? All a person has to do is pray and have faith. what about Paul. Did he not have faith, did he not pray enough.
    In that case we don't need doctors, do we. And of course if a person isn't healed, then they didn't have enough faith, they didn't pray long enough or hard enough.

2. His Blood Spoke My Name

Or God wanted them to carry the thorn in the flesh.

3. Hope of Glory

Hope of Glory New Member

I know of two people who were miraculously cured of cancer.

However, God expects us to do for ourselves when we can, but that doesn't mean that we don't have faith in God. Just because I go to a doctor for surgery doesn't mean that I don't have faith in God to heal me any more than the fact that I have to work to earn money to buy food means that God did not provide for me.

4. rbell

rbell Active Member

When S&N said:

He was not arguing that point...he was actually making the opposite point, I believe. I don't want us to take him out of context here.

I don't think anyone would argue against faith and prayer always being our first option, and of course God can (and does) work through them exclusively, at times.

Other times, God guides us to those who have learned how to combat illnesses, and through their expertise God heals. God is still the healer, because it is only through His goodness that we have the ability to research, combat, and conquer many illnesses that once were unconquerable.

5. StraightAndNarrow

StraightAndNarrow Active Member

So you're arguing that prayer can NOT help when you or a loved one is seriously ill? I suppose we'll just have to disagree on that perspective.

6. ituttut

ituttut New Member

Forgive me on this one I Am Blessed 16. I read into your post number 114 what you did not intend to convey to anyone. My error, and Strongly agree with you here.

By the way, I know why He healed you.

7. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

Hi ituttut, I believe God heals today, but also don't know why some and not others. Your statement jumped out at me. Why did God heal Iamblessed?

8. ituttut

ituttut New Member

Of course, He used her to humble me.

9. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

:thumbs: It's always a good thing to be humble. :)