1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Demons

Discussion in '2004 Archive' started by mlg1019, Mar 16, 2004.

1. Phillip

Phillip <b>Moderator</b>

No doubt that you have and do!
    :rolleyes:
    Hmmmmmmmmm! I don't think I'll answer this, at least not tonight. [​IMG]

2. KimS

KimS New Member

I'm sorry I posted that here. I should have known better. I was only trying to help, certainly didn't expect to be ridiculed or have my experience be noted as an anecdotal story.

Kim

3. Spirit and Truth

Spirit and Truth New Member

KimS:

I'm sorry I posted that here. I should have known better. I was only trying to help, certainly didn't expect to be ridiculed or have my experience be noted as an anecdotal story.

S&T:

That's okay Kim....not to worry...they ridiculed Jesus too, and He was telling the truth. [​IMG]

4. sharpSword

sharpSword Guest

Dear Kim. Having come from a non-Christian family where my mother enjoyed having seances with us, ouija boards, etc and such,...and finding out after we accepted Christ, that she had been possessed, I am forever grateful for the care of our new pastor at that time, so many years ago. He had never dealt with those things before, but went totally by the Scriptures, and his incredible example of faith and prayer. We were brand new in the world of Christianity and the occult was real ....as was the possession.
    My mother later recounted having to physically leave the kitchen to keep from stabbing me with a knife...she held that feeling most of my life until I was a teenager. And the Lord delivered her and our family at that time. The BB banner really is true--The Truth shall set you free. Many don't realize how many are desparate for that freedom and don't even know it.

The point is, most people do not understand that these things can heavily impact families. My grandmother was into the occult and used to take my mother to various activities. These things are foreign to most Christians, especially those brought up in a Christian environment. The Scriptures talk about it. Christ dealt with it, as did the apostles. It was a fact then and is a fact now. It doesn't make it easier. It just is part of what is.

1 Cor 15:57 But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.
    58 Therefore, my beloved brethren, be ye stedfast, unmoveable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, forasmuch as ye know that your labour is not in vain in the Lord.

1 John 5:4 For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith.
    5 Who is he that overcometh the world, but he that believeth that Jesus is the Son of God?
    6 This is he that came by water and blood, even Jesus Christ; not by water only, but by water and blood. And it is the Spirit that beareth witness, because the Spirit is truth.

Romans 8:37 Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us.
    38 For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come,
    39 Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

5. Spirit and Truth

sharpSword:

The BB banner really is true--The Truth shall set you free.

S&T:

Yes....I noticed that....it was just to the left of the big Passion banner :confused:

6. MalkyEL

MalkyEL Guest

Phillip quotes: MalkyEL: I have seriously studied demonology for several years, and have some close friends that have been part of the occult at one time.

Phillip's response: No doubt that you have and do! Hmmmmmmmmm! I don't think I'll answer this, at least not tonight.

Originally posted by Phillip :
    "I had a poltergeist . . " [referring to Kim's post]

Thank you Dr. Griffin, It was about time this subject was.....well, you know........
    =============================================
    Kim wrote: I'm sorry I posted that here. I should have known better. I was only trying to help, certainly didn't expect to be ridiculed or have my experience be noted as an anecdotal story.

MalkyEL: Sarcasim reveals alot about a person. Sneering [a form of sarcasm] is cowardly and evil. It shows the true heart of someone. As Jesus said, out of the mouth comes that which is in the heart . . . and He was referring to unclean things. In your efforts to be superior, you have only revealed yourself as pompous and with little knowledge of that which is destroying the body of Messiah because of stubborn hearts, blinded eyes, and deaf ears.

Mark 7:18 And He said to them, Are you also so undiscerning? Do you not perceive that all that enters from the outside into the man is not able to defile him?
    19 This is because it does not enter into his heart, but into the belly, and goes out into the waste-bowl, purging all the foods.
    20 And He said, That passing out of the man, it is the thing that defiles the man.
    21 For from within, out of the heart of men, pass out the evil thoughts, adulteries, fornications, murders,
    22 thefts, greedy desires, iniquities, deceit, lustful desires, a wicked eye, blasphemy, pride, recklessness.
    23 All these evil things pass out from within and defile the man.

7. BillyMac

BillyMac New Member

S&T,
    ROFL....... I see your point and am amused by it also.

Actually though the "Passion" banner is ABOVE the "Truth will set you free" image.

Go figure.

8. Phillip

Phillip <b>Moderator</b>

I'm sorry to you, vaspers, I didn't realize that people will do that and I thought you were unreasonably jumping the lady. Now that I realize that people will do this, I myself will be more careful.

I hope you will accept my apology. I now realize that you good intentions and it makes sense that people will do that as a trick. I just guess I felt sorry for the lady and was struck by what seemed like her need for help.

God bless you for this message to her. Have a good weekend! [​IMG]

9. Phillip

Phillip <b>Moderator</b>

Malkey, this will be my last post on this thread. I have offered advice and there was no response, but this is a "debate" site and we do well......debate here. I simply asked for Dr. Bob's advice, because he is a very, very intelligent man, who just happens to be the moderator of these forums. I agreed with what he said, and had a problem with the long-winded ghost stories.

Yes, demons can manifest themselves, but the way they are being described it is from a "secular" point of view. That is exactly how Satan and his cronies would like you to see them, as house haunters and spirits that like to hang around "skulls" and stuff because they remind them of dead things, or WHATEVER.........

This type of "demonology" is just plain un-Biblical and a worldly point of view that both cultists and the demons who play along may want you to see and think.

That is all I am going to say about this subject, except that I reaffirm what I said earlier that if I were you I would definitely seek some Christian counseling; someone who can refer you to whatever or whoever you need. I am NOT saying you are wrong, but obviously somebody who is more skilled than I, or some of the other people posting here (not talking about you Doc) can help you. God Bless You and I hope things go well for you. [​IMG]

10. mlg1019

mlg1019 New Member

Thank you to everyone that has been praying with me. The situation has gotten better, but that’s not to say it will stay that way.

To those who don't believe, that is fine. I understand that there will always be people who can't accept that. It just amazes me how Christians can believe in God, Jesus' resurrection, Satan, Demons, miracles, and healings, but are unable to accept the fact that demons are active in today’s world. Who are we kidding?

Matthew 17:20 "And Jesus said unto them, because of your unbelief: for verily I say unto you, if ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible unto you."

To those of you with this faith that are praying for me, you are making GREAT changes in my life!! And you are making GREAT changes in MANY other people's lives because God will use me to spread the word of Him. You are moving mountains here!!

I’m not trying to bash those who don’t believe me!!! I am just stating my interpretation of God’s word here.

11. Phillip

Phillip <b>Moderator</b>

I know, I said I wouldn't post, but I do want to say that I don't think anybody here says they do not believe in demons and demonic activity.

It is just that some are looking at a world-view of the spiritual world and the world "occult" view becomes their view.

This is where we run into a problem.

Our advice to seek professional Christian counseling also does not indicate that we do not believe you. It is just that regardless of your situation, I don't think stories of polterguests hanging around cemeterys and Harry Potter stories are going to help your situation. This was not a thread to discuss ghost stories, it is a thread for you asking for help. So, this is the suggestion I gave you and will repeat:

You need help from a Christian with experience with issues you are dealing with; and I, for one, definitely do not want to take on the responsibility of trying to help in a situation where I cannot meet with you personally, nor in an area (subject matter) in which I am not adequately trained in, nor do I feel that other people posting have the necessary experience! What we can do---is to pray for you and ask everybody else to do the same. Does that make a little more sense now? [​IMG]

12. mlg1019

mlg1019 New Member

Phillip, Thank you for your suggestion. And I do value your suggestion! I believe I have found someone that can help me. I also think that pray alone does wonders. And I greatly appreciate your prayers.

13. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

It was about 1992 when the Royal Ambassadors pulled the old material from the shelf in Baptist bookstores and introduced the new material. The old way very much paralleled the masons in their methodology.

14. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

Unfortunately we have a growing number of Christian's and Baptist, who believe in 'Generational Sins'. A cheating uncle or a death of a sailor great grandfather at sea would open the door to satanic influences and these people are BLAMING their own sins on their ancestor's. I've had women say they couldn't help being an adulteress because their grandmother lost a baby and didn't give it a proper burial. These people don't accept responsibility for their sins but blame their sinning on 'demons', 'satanic influences' or believe the 'devil' has it out for them because some relative 'opened the door'.

Since Ouija Boards, all the relatives involved in the 'occult' were mentioned, I wonder if that's what is being inferred here?

Diane

15. mlg1019

mlg1019 New Member

Dianetavegia quote:
    These people don't accept responsibility for their sins but blame their sinning on 'demons', 'satanic influences' or believe the 'devil' has it out for them because some relative 'opened the door'.

I never blamed any of my sins on demons!! I take full responisbility for all my actions. The only thing I said was that I distance myself from God because the demons seem really strong when I am near to him. However, It is my sin that I distance myself from Him. Where did you get that idea??? I want evil to leave because I am scared of them and I don't want my dear daughter to experience it. It has nothing to do with my sins.

I also don't believe that my relatives have brought these demons. The reason I mentioned them is because I have "messed" with those things with them so I know what I am talking about.

The reason why evil is near me is my fault, not my relatives!! I can actually think of a situtation that made evil stronger. I believe that is why it is with me. It was my fault. I was VERY young (like maybe 6 or 7) when I did that with my relatives and I hope God can forgive me and He will get evil out of my life.

16. Spirit and Truth

Diane stated:

Unfortunately we have a growing number of Christian's and Baptist, who believe in 'Generational Sins'. A cheating uncle or a death of a sailor great grandfather at sea would open the door to satanic influences and these people are BLAMING their own sins on their ancestor's. I've had women say they couldn't help being an adulteress because their grandmother lost a baby and didn't give it a proper burial. These people don't accept responsibility for their sins but blame their sinning on 'demons', 'satanic influences' or believe the 'devil' has it out for them because some relative 'opened the door'.

S&T:

On the other side of the spectrum, we have supposed Bible believers that have discounted the works of the enemy, and are even endorsing Harry Potter, and occultic movies to the unsaved and other Christians. The Bible says that the sins of the father will be visited upon the children up to the third or fourth generations. This is not an excuse for a saved believer to sin, because they know the difference and should flee it, because you are not forced to embrace it. It is a choice.

Deu 5:9 Thou shalt not bow down thyself unto them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God [am] a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth [generation] of them that hate me,

17. MalkyEL

MalkyEL Guest

Phillip,

I am curious as to what you do believe about demons. Would you care to elaborate? Also, have you had any direct contact with anyone who is or has been involved in the occult, satanism, or wicca?

Thanx

18. MalkyEL

MalkyEL Guest

Phillip wrote:
    Yes, demons can manifest themselves, but the way they are being described it is from a "secular" point of view. That is exactly how Satan and his cronies would like you to see them, as house haunters and spirits that like to hang around "skulls" and stuff because they remind them of dead things, or WHATEVER.........

This type of "demonology" is just plain un-Biblical and a worldly point of view that both cultists and the demons who play along may want you to see and think.

MalkyEL: Ok . . . for some reason we are not on the same page. Now that the problem has been defined, for the sake of debate [which I thought we were doing, but now you are saying were not debating????], it would be helpful to see exactly how you define demonism.

If satan is effectively using people and you perceive this to be a secular viewpoint, how does that differ from a spiritual/Biblical one? perhaps you are of the opinion that he really does not exist? or that, as Calvinists believe, he is already bound and therefore has no influence? Or do you think that it is a matter of a certain psychoses that has inflicted a certain segment of society?
    how do you feel it should be dealt with if Christian counselors also agree with your position? is medication a viable defense, if demonic activity is not real? do you feel that the expultion of demons in Jesus' day was literal or figurative?

Phillip wrote:
    Malkey, this will be my last post on this thread. I have offered advice and there was no response, but this is a "debate" site and we do well......debate here.

MalkyEL: H m m m . . . you are saying that because your advice was not taken, ie: there was no "response" [not sure what you mean] - you don't want to "debate" anymore - is that correct? So "repsonse" to you is agreement and therefore "debate" means unless I become your cheering section my perspective is in error?

debate [webster's definition] 1) to discuss reasons for and against [something] 2) to take part in a debate with [a person] or about [a question] noun: 1)a discussion of opposing reasons 2) formal contest of skill in reasoned argument

19. Phillip

Phillip <b>Moderator</b>

I am not going to get into my experiences with occultists, wicca or any other personal experience. Dr. Bob has asked us not to, and I respect his leadership on this portion of the Board.

As for my beliefs, yes, I will give you this much. I do believe in Satan as a real life spiritual being and so are his demons. This is Biblical and I am going to leave it at that.

Any other implications you make from my responses or "non-resposes" are simply your "opinion".

BTW, I was not referring to you when I said there was no response. I simply assumed that we had strayed so far off of the subject matter of the lady asking for help was no longer following the thread; that and the response of Dr. Griffin nudged me enough to change subjects, and I am now telling you that I don't think this particular subject-thread should be a debate at who is the most experienced in the field of wicca. It was not the intent of the lady who opened the thread. Yes, we debate here, but she was asking for help.

If you want to debate how experienced people are in wicca, then I suggest that open a subject for it and those who wish to join you may.

I'm out, bye, [​IMG]

20. KimS

KimS New Member

Dear mlg1019,

I really don't think Diane was referring to you when she made her post. Unfortunately, this thread has moved away from your original topic that it's getting a little confusing. Again, feel free to PM me if you want to talk. [​IMG]

Kim