1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Demons

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Jedi Knight, Aug 8, 2014.

1. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Matthew 12:24 But when the Pharisees heard it, they said, This fellow doth not cast out devils, but by Beelzebub the prince of the devils.

25 And Jesus knew their thoughts, and said unto them, Every kingdom divided against itself is brought to desolation; and every city or house divided against itself shall not stand:

26 And if Satan cast out Satan, he is divided against himself; how shall then his kingdom stand?

27 And if I by Beelzebub cast out devils, by whom do your children cast them out? therefore they shall be your judges.

28 But if I cast out devils by the Spirit of God, then the kingdom of God is come unto you.

Jesus accused them of casting out demons by Beelzebub, whom he then referred to as the prince of demons, which is Satan.
    Was Jesus correct or the Pharisees correct.
    Later Jesus accuses them of blasphemy of the Holy Spirit. Was he right?

2. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You assume if God decrees that someone else make a decision over something other than Him then it is in opposition to His Soveriegnty. You definition of His sovereignty is in error and that is what leads to your mistake here and unwillingness to answer the question directly.

3. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes there are demons loose today. Paul wrote that our battle is not with the flesh but with in fact demons and Satan.

4. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Was God sovereign when he allowed Satan to afflict Job with various infirmities and distresses?
    Is God sovereign when he allows Satan to afflict this world and its inhabitants with various evils?
    What is the difference?
    There is nothing that happens that God doesn't know about. He is omniscient. He is God.

5. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The bigger question is could Satan have chosen to do those specific acts or choose not to by his own decision?

6. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

I believe that in the sovereignty of God, God has allowed him to make those decisions. Yet at the same time, God will only allow him to go so far.

For example, ISIS is doing terrible things. Perhaps some of them are demon-possessed individuals on a rampage under the control of Satan doing the will of Satan. But they can only go so far. The destruction of the world, for example, is in the hands of God. The coming of the antichrist is in the hand of God. The protection of every believer is in the hand of God, and how long they should live or suffer.

7. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Although a current political statement, one might ask the question: Is Obama right:
    https://ca.finance.yahoo.com/news/obama-deliver-statement-isis-beheading-155058746.html
    Or did he just allow Satan to have full reign in regard to the actions of Isis.
    The statement almost refers that either he doesn't believe in God, or at least that God is not a just God.

8. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    My mistake, was Apostle paul :

4 The god of this age has blinded the minds of unbelievers, so that they cannot see the light of the gospel that displays the glory of Christ, who is the image of God.
    2 Corinthians Niv

Here is Jesus!
    I will no longer talk much with you, for the ruler of this world is coming. He has no claim on me,
    John 14:30 Niv

9. Reynolds

Reynolds Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I believe demons are as active today as they were in times past. I Tim 4:1 makes that pretty plain. Those who have not had to deal with demonic spirits should get out of their bubble and venture into the real world.

10. Reynolds

Reynolds Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    God is Sovereign. Sovereign means He can do anything He chooses to do. What He chooses to do is honor His covenants with man and not trample the free will of man. God gave Adam a degree of Authority and dominion. Adam gave that up to Satan. Christ began the process of stripping Satan of that authority and dominion, but Christ victory on The Cross will not be fully enforced until Satan is bound for eternity.

11. pinoybaptist

pinoybaptist Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Sorry, but His sovereignty ends where man's free will begins (wherever point that is).:tonofbricks:

12. pinoybaptist

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    There were at least a couple of them in Ferguson, leading a crowd, both hiding behind the titles "Reverend".

13. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

That is a strange statement coming from a Primitive Baptist. Just where does man's free will begin? If you believe man has a free will you must have some idea where or when it begins.

Whatever, you are wrong. GOD does not cease to be Sovereign or HE would cease to be GOD.

14. pinoybaptist

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    well, if you know that I am Primitive Baptist, then you know I am being (word here).

15. kyredneck

kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I believe that word would be 'facetious', brother.... :)

#55 kyredneck, Aug 27, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 27, 2014
  16. pinoybaptist

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    almost there, brother.......:thumbs:

17. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

I thought so but???

18. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    has He allowed satan to be active in the world today? Are there wars and false cults and false religions or not?

You need to redefine what it really means when the Bible tells us God is sovereign!

19. pinoybaptist

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    the brother is one word below.
    the word is : sarcastic.

brother, I have debated with some of the more impossibly humanistic soteriology on this board over the years, and have always maintained, as I do now, that God is sovereign and will always be sovereign.

My attempt at sarcasm is directed at those who place man's free will over or at a par with the sovereignty of God in the matter of eternal salvation.

My apologies if I confused you, and others.

#59 pinoybaptist, Aug 27, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 27, 2014
  20. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Does God permit Satan to commit his acts here on earth or not?