Dems' big 2014 obstacle: President Obama

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Revmitchell, Mar 11, 2013.

1. Revmitchell

Revmitchell
    Expand Collapse

President Barack Obama says he’s ready to do whatever it takes to help Democrats win the House next year — a feat that could make the difference between limping to the end of his presidency and going out with a bang.

But some Democratic candidates and operatives in the districts on which control of the House will hinge said in interviews with POLITICO that the message and issues Obama has emphasized since the election are creating a difficult political headwind for them.

Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2013/...-daylight-from-obama-88675.html#ixzz2NII2TD1s

2. church mouse guy

church mouse guy
    Expand Collapse

Correct me if I am wrong, but doesn't the party in power tend to lose seats in an off-year election, especially in the second term? The issue is the economy and the Democrats may have to agree to postpone Obamacare in order to avoid a deepening of the recession. If the GOP is correct that Obamacare is already causing layoffs, then the Dems will be trying to pick up seats in a very bad economy.

However, I am wondering if the GOP can pick up the necessary seats to control the Senate and keep the House and make Obama a completely lame duck, only able to play golf? Personally, I think that Obama has an imperial personality as evidenced by his refusal to negotiate and his ostentation. I am still wondering how much that fancy meal costs with the GOP during the filibuster when you add up all of the security and the incidental expense such as the parade of limos? Don't you think that Obama intended to use drones in this country to get rid of people he didn't like?