1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Denver Archbishop: Obama 'Most Committed' to Abortion

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Revmitchell, Oct 19, 2008.

1. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    DENVER -- Denver Roman Catholic Archbishop Charles Chaput labeled Barack Obama the "most committed" abortion-rights candidate from a major party in 35 years while accusing a Catholic Obama ally and other Democratic-friendly Catholic groups of doing a "disservice to the church."

More Here

2. Chessic

Chessic New Member

Little late in the game for such luke-warm comments. A disservice to the church? Oh noooooes!

Looks like some good Obama rhetoric in that link, too.

3. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

I pray Obama will bring both sides together at the table of discussion to see how we can bring both sides toward a compromise. This divided nation is crumbling and our inability to work together was clearly evident during the $700 Billion bailout negotiations. We will fail as a nation if we keep our current trajectory and I believe compromise is the only way to pull back on the controls.

Individually neither side can pull back the controls so it must be a united effort or we crash as one.

4. rbell

rbell Active Member

Define "pull back on the controls" for us. I'm not sure what you mean.

5. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

As in a plane in a downward trajectory, you must pull back on the controls to get it out of the dive.

I am saying America is in a downward trajectory and it will take both sides to pull back on the controls because it is more than one side can pull on its own.

6. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

There s no compromise on abortion:BangHead:

7. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

You guys are confusing me, I thought it was said that Bush' attempts to ban late term and partial birth abortions was a credit to him and a victory to the cause? If that is so, I'm sure progress can be made at this table.

I see it like eating a pie, every bite is progress toward the final objective since it's not likely you can consume the pie in one gulp. It would also not be wise to reject someone who offers to sit down and help you achieve your objective of eating the pie.

#7 LeBuick, Oct 19, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 19, 2008
  8. targus

targus New Member

Considering that Obama is in favor of allowing abortion surviving babies to die of neglect - what compromises do you see him making to push back against abortion?

9. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

That simply is an untrue statement but it agrees with the current smears Palin and McCain are putting out. I know your don't care but here is Obama side of the legislation he didn't support.

http://www.time.com/time/printout/0,8816,1849483,00.html

So he was not for allowing "abortion surviving babies to die of neglect" he argued against giving previable fetuses the same rights as a living person.

I don't want to argue my views of when life begins but I posted this to say he was not in favor of putting a baby with viable chances of surviving in a soiled utility closet to die like he was accused. That is simply an outright lie.

10. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Aside from your disgusting view on when life begins, you are carrying the shameful koolaide for the Obama camp. Obama is a liar and he opposed this bill because "it is a bill designed to frustrate the mothers original decision" Barak Hussien Obama when speaking of the infant alive bill.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VO78AsfUpTs&feature=related

And you should be ashamed of yourself. Obama absolutely does support the suffering of the child in a soiled linen cloet without any doubt for fear it may incrementally impose on the holocaust he so dearly supports in this country. But you continue to say that so it soothes your conscience.

#10 Revmitchell, Oct 19, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 19, 2008
  11. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

This was a story fabricated by a pro-life nurse and has never been proved factual. Her allegations made it appear doctors would take crying alive babies to a closet to let them die is simply not true.

If anyone should be ashamed it should be anyone who fabricates a lie or stretches the truth in regards to their fellow man. The bible is clear regarding bearing false witness but folks here don't seem to care.

12. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

Yea, we need more pro-life nurses fighting for the lives of unborn children against folks like yourself who support the current holocaust in this country. So who proved this was fabricated? Who investigated her claims? She testified before congress as to this story and no one has discredited it. The procedure alone speaks to the probability to this happening. And we all know that the single reason Obama actually opposed the Infant Born Alive Act is he said that "it is a bill designed to frustrate the mothers original decision". He is just protecting his murderous base.

13. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

Fighting is admirable and is something I encourage every American to do. Lying and bearing false witness are things I can't and won't endorse on any level. There is no excuse for lowering ourselves to that of the world. If we do nothing else but be still, we''ll realize the Lord is still God and is an able God. He doesn't need us jeopardizing our Christian values even if we feel it is for His cause.

14. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Interesting. But you endorse the slaughter of unborn children and carry Obama's water. What I will not endorse is people who call others liars with no evidence just to soothe their vexed conscience which is evidenced by your failure to address the evidence have provided.

15. canadyjd

canadyjd Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    So the abortion doctor...who has been paid to kill the fetus...and who can and likely will be sued for botching the abortion...is the person who gets to decide whether the newly born baby, who is showing "signs of life" (like a heartbeat? like movement? like crying?) is viable or not?

What expertise does an abortion doctor have in determining whether a baby is "viable" or not? Their job is to kill the baby, not help it live.

And one more thing, calling a born alive baby a "previable fetus" does not change the fact that he/she is a born alive baby.

It might sound better when you make your speech on the floor of the Senate, or when you post a comment on the BB, but it does not change the fact that we are speaking of babies born alive. And Obama voted to refuse medical care for a babies born alive during a botched abortion.

peace to you:praying:

16. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

Give me more time to find what I am referencing when I say it was written off as false. The internet is so clogged with stories for and against this situation and I need the one from the Illinois department of health.

In short, the nurse, Jill Stanek, began making other larger accusations which raised eyebrows at the Illinois Department of Public Health. This included a story I believe of a father who looked at his aborted child in a closet and left speechless. They concluded these allegations, if proved, would have constituted "violations of existing law" and no new law was needed.

They began investigating her stories. Mostly they asked others at the facility to include the doctors and no one would substantiate he claims. They then asked her for any proof, if this is as common as she made it sound, just something or someone who could substantiate her claims. Even this father she said witnessed his dead child in this closet and she wouldn't substantiate any of her claims.

Even if she could produce one aborted fetus that had a viable chance at life who died in this clinic or even a picture of a single fetus in a utility closet she would have something to stand on. She produced nothing but more stories.

This is all from memory but I will find their findings and post the link.

17. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

Rev, there has been much stretching of the truth around here to include saying Obama is for letting viable fetus die with no attempt at keeping them alive. He has been called a Muslim, Messiah and many other false accusation on this forum. I have no need to call someone a liar, I need only let the Lord read this forum or search the hearts of those who made such accusations. If your heart is right then it is He that must approve, not me. I am simply a voice crying out in cyberspace.

18. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

"it is a bill designed to frustrate the mothers original decision"

Barak Obama in defense of his voting against the Infant Born Alive Bill

The lie is that he does not support letting children die in a soiled linen room.

19. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

Amazing, hold the Democrats feet to the fire, and give the Republicans a free pass on abortion. Those who pretend to care about the lives of the unborn to pander for Christian votes then do nothing will stand with the Democrats and the abortion doctors to face the wrath of God.

20. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

At some point we have to trust somebody. We can appoint a team of people to watch over them but then someone will say we need others to watch the watchers. We trust the medical community to pronounce death and to advise on pulling the plug, I can't see why they would have no interest in not putting a living fetus on life support. It doesn't reflect on them on them if they do but they risk life in prison if they don't.

Again, there are currently laws in not providing medical care to a viable fetus.

Just their medical certifications but if you feel there is a community more qualified then I'm listening. We could have undertakers oversee the process but I think you would find them suspect also. Their job is not to kill the baby, it is to perform a procedure but I know and respect you don't want to hear that.

We are talking pre-last trimester fetuses that are not fully developed. They have no developed lungs, hearts etc... so are considered not viable to live outside a womb.

Because your definition of alive is conceived. The medical definition of born alive is a baby born living or with a viable chance of sustained life outside a womb. I don't know why you feel Doctors are inhuman and would not place a fetus who had a chance for life on life support or in an incubator. They have much to gain and besides the moral implications is subject to being jailed for murder. Why risk their freedom like this? That has no logic.