1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Denver Archbishop: Obama 'Most Committed' to Abortion

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Revmitchell, Oct 19, 2008.

1. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

It was tough to find an unedited full version of his statement but this was as close as I could find which was on fact check.

So he is saying it will add layers between the decision of the woman to have the abortion and the physician to induce labor. That is a true statement no matter which side you stand on.

Before we go to far, I'm not saying I agree with Obama position. I posted in this thread to say it isn't true that he wants fetuses with a viable chance at life to be set aside to die. That is all I wanted to say. He is not as inhuman as being portrayed in that statement.

2. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

Thanks for supporting my case for me. It doesn't matter how many layers he thinks it will add. He holds the perceived threat against abortion higher than the life of the child born from the hideous procedure which should not be legal anyway. He is absolutely for letting the child die in a soiled linen closet.

#22 Revmitchell, Oct 19, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 19, 2008
  3. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

Ok Rev, you win... He'll stack them up like cord wood and let them wait on the death angel...

4. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No he will ignore that it goes on so as to protect his beloved holocaust.

5. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

So he supports it by not doing something about it.

Like the republican's that keep promising to do something then don't.

I see said the blind man...

6. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

Haven't you been paying attention to the debate you and I have had here? Or are you just using a debate tactic that has no substance only distraction? He voted against it.

7. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

8. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

I can't find the actual one I'm looking for but here is an exert from this site;

9. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

Just going by what you said Rev... Just spreading the wealth sorta speak...

10. windcatcher

windcatcher New Member

There is no such thing as a live abortion: There is such a thing as MURDER either by commission or ommission. What late term abortionist has on hand a pediatrician..... which is the doctor who takes care of a live baby at birth? I dare say none provide for this possibility!

The way I feel about these things.....
    Others have restrained MY God given RIGHTS, while insisting on their own. I've been polite, and sensitive, and careful to try to behave 'in order'..... but when I feel the wall at my back and there is no room left to be temporate....I draw a line in the sand and there I stand unless I can move forward. No more compromise. No more backing up. I've nothing to lose!

Don't invite me to a graduation or a football game: I just might continue standing and quietly and with dignity but clearly pray the LORD's prayer ending it 'in Jesus name'. The same goes for National Prayer Day in May..... when both pastors and dignitaries stand and each pray to their god with an 'amen' at the end.... I will say 'in Jesus name'.

And if they want to take me away..... That's exactly what they'll have to do to stop me. The devil chuckles everytime he see's us back up, hedge, fear, compromise. I'd rather be thought of as a fool or crazy than to be thought of as a fraud! God help me.......He is my HELP!

11. canadyjd

canadyjd Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Of course it reflects on the abortion doctor. He/she has been paid to terminate the pregnancy. If they botch the abortion, they could/would be subject to lawsuits.
    And the baby born alive bill would have required another doctor...somone without a conflict of interest...perhaps a pediatrician...someone that routinely attempts to save the life of babies...to decide whether the new born baby is viable or not.
    They perform a medical procedure that terminates the life of a baby in the womb. I know you don't want to hear that because it is easier to call a baby a "non-viable fetus" than a baby. And no, I don't respect your position.
    We are talking about babies!! Calling a baby a "fetus" doesn't change what they are. Doctors have seen babies weighing less than a pound survive. Medical technology is making great strides in saving very premature babies.
    Again, the legislation would have required babies born alive, with signs of life, to be examined for viability by another doctor that is trained to make such decisions and does so routinely.
    I have a hard time understanding why any doctor would perform an abortion unless it was to save the life of the woman. They take an oath to do no harm. Not only does abortion kill the baby, it routinely causes harm to the woman.

The bottom line is, Obama voted against a bill that would have required medical care be given to a baby born alive during a botched abortion.

Spin, spin, spin all you want. It might make you dizzy, but not me. And besides, it won't matter for you because you can't see clearly on this issue anyway.

peace to you:praying:

12. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No you are making a failed attempt to twist my words much like you do Obama's. More intentional fallacies from you.