1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Depart from me I never knew you...

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by awaken, Apr 26, 2013.

1. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    And THAT is the true test, the true measure of where the gifts are coming from. What do they preach about Jesus? Do they preach the gospel, or do they espouse "prosperity"? Tolerance of sin? When you pay attention to what they preach, is it a "feel good" message, or a true message of God's love? Do they preach like Job's friends that if you do good, you will be blessed? Or that it's not of our works, but His sacrificial love?

2. awaken

awaken Active Member

From the context it is the fruit that is the real test!

THis verse does not disprove that those things do not happen today! Yes! There are counterfeits of the real.

3. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Can the unsaved exhibit joy? Peace? Gentleness? Meekness? If so, then one must be cautious when judging by the fruits.

Yes, there are counterfeits; and that includes speaking in tongues, doesn't it?

4. awaken

awaken Active Member

Yes! I believe satan counterfeits all the real and valuable! He loves to counterfeit true biblical experiences in order to discredit the work of God.

The Word supports the 9 manifestation of the Holy Spirit!
    We know that prophesying is real!
    We know that casting out devils is real!

Every spirit that confesses that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is of God. Every spirit that does not confess that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is not of God.

Another way to test them is ask what the manifestation or sign has done for the believer or for the church. The sign should never be the destination, an end unto itself. They should always display a deeper love for Jesus, a new hunger for Scripture, a passion for the lost souls, a thirst for righteousness and a new love for others.

5. awaken

awaken Active Member

I am leaning more to this being the best understanding of this scripture!