1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Departing from the faith

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by HisWitness, Jun 27, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Steadfast Fred

Steadfast Fred Active Member

(C.H. Mackintosh, Notes on the Pentateuch, pp. 232-233).

2. Steadfast Fred

I, as a Christian, obey all law that is moral in the Decalogue, not because it is in the Law, but because it is in the Gospel. Worship of God only is enjoined fifty times in the New Testament; idolatry is forbidden twelve times; profanity four times; honor of father and mother is commanded six times; adultery is forbidden twelve; theft six; false witness four; and covetousness, nine times. `The Ten Commandments,' as Luther says, `do not apply to us Gentiles and Christians, but only to the Jews.' So therefore, Paul, in all his fourteen epistles, never once names the Sabbath-except in a single passage where, classing it with the entire law, he declares it has been totally abolished. So the early church held (William C. Irvine, Heresies Exposed, p. 165).

3. HisWitness

HisWitness New Member

friend \ GRACE is not having to be stoned to death for commiting Adultry

John said IF we Sin(transgression of the law) we have an advocate with the Father Yeshua himself.

The difference in being under Grace and law is under law we were subject to the judgements of the law

under GRACE the judgements are abolished--Doesn't mean we still do not observe them.

if you don't observe the 10 commandments you are in SIN--because you are transgressing the Law.

Now as John says IF we transgress one of his commandments--NO judement as it was under the law--but GRACE much more abides. Yeshua is our advocate

Shall you transgress his commandments so GRACE may abound ??????

--------------------------YAH forbid--------------------------------

you are not under the law but GRACE--still to observe his commandments

HOW can you live any longer in SIN(transgression of his laws) ?????????

BUT I know you will have a comeback---so you can keep on abiding in SIN instead of his Commandments.

Your arguing with Yeshua NOT me. :flower::flower::flower:

#43 HisWitness, Jun 30, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 30, 2013
  4. Steadfast Fred

No, I am arguing with you, who twist the Word of Truth into a perverted doctrine.

You, who teach against the doctrines of the Bible that say that we are no longer under the Law. You, who say Christ is not the end of the Law for righteousness to those who believe.

You, whose doctrines make God a liar.

5. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

OK - So beameup said "you are babbling like an idiot" and you said "you just called Yeshua the idiot". So are you Yeshua?

6. HisWitness

HisWitness New Member

No hes calling Yeshua an idiot for having so many commandments---he doesn't want to keep--I wonder why ???????

7. HisWitness

HisWitness New Member

Sin away my friend---Sin away :tear::tear::tear:

8. Steadfast Fred

There you go, hypocritically breaking the commandments you say we are to keep.

By what measure you judge, you yourself will be judged.

9. HisWitness

HisWitness New Member

I myself do Sin on occasion--because I break Yeshua's commandment that I observe and seek to obey from LOVE(not because I have too). BUT my advocate Yeshua is interceding on my behalf.

Unlike you---who doesn't even regard his commandments.

I will add this provocative statement also friend---That the LOVE of YAH will NEVER be Perfected in a one's life unless they observe his commandments.

10. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

No, he said "you are babbling like an idiot". Show me the words where he called Yeshua an idiot.

11. HisWitness

HisWitness New Member

The question to us all is-----------------------------------------------

Yeshua said IF YOU LOVE ME KEEP MY COMMANDMENTS !!!

DO YOU LOVE YESHUA ???

12. Fred's Wife

Fred's Wife Member

John 1:17 For the law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ.

The purpose of the Law of Moses (which includes the 10 commandments) was to REVEAL sin. It was never given as a means of salvation. The Apostle Paul describes it as a "schoolmaster":

Galatians 3:23 But before faith came, we were kept under the law, shut up unto the faith which should afterwards be revealed.
    Galatians 3:24 Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith.
    Galatians 3:25 But after that faith is come, we are no longer under a schoolmaster.

The Law of Moses was TEMPORARY! God established the Law of Moses as a way of administering His ETERNAL moral absolutes through Moses...but Jesus Christ established grace as the NEW way of God's administering His moral absolutes. The Law of Moses had three aspects (civil, ceremonial, and moral) and it functioned as an indivisible unit. Therefore, when one places himself/herself under one aspect of the Mosaic Law, that person obligates oneself to be under the entire Law.

James 2:10 For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all.

Galatians 3:10 For as many as are of the works of the law are under the curse: for it is written, Cursed is every one that continueth not in all things which are written in the book of the law to do them.
    Galatians 3:11 But that no man is justified by the law in the sight of God, it is evident: for, The just shall live by faith.
    Galatians 3:12 And the law is not of faith: but, The man that doeth them shall live in them.

Do you keep all 613 indivisible commandments of the Mosaic Law, HW? If not, you are guilty of breaking the whole law. Therefore, don't hypocritically judge others for not keeping the commandments when you know for a fact that you cannot "practice what you preach"! That is what the Pharisees were guilty of!

When Jesus died on the cross of Calvary and shed His precious blood, He redeemed us from the curse of the Mosaic Law and became a "curse" for us:

Galatians 3:13 Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree:

The NT Christian now serves God in in the "newness of the Sprit", not in the "oldness of the Mosaic Law...being "delivered" from its (the Law's) penalty:

Romans 6:14 For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace.
    Romans 6:15 What then? shall we sin, because we are not under the law, but under grace? God forbid.

"Thus, the Christian serves God in a sphere of administration of His absolutes which is different from the Mosaic Law" ...Renald E. Showers, There Really Is A Difference: A Comparison of Covenant and Dispensational Theology, pg. 191

13. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Dodging much?

14. Steadfast Fred

It's his favorite game.

15. Fred's Wife

Fred's Wife Member

He's the "captain"of the team and the only player!

16. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

1 John 1:8 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.

1 John 1:10 If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us.

James 2:10 For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all.

17. HisWitness

HisWitness New Member

I NEVER said it was a means of Salvation--your mis-understanding is forcing you to put that label on me friend :love2::love2:

18. Steadfast Fred

In the Bible, the self-righteous never thought of himself as a sinner.

19. HisWitness

HisWitness New Member

im not dodging at all

Blindness is keeping you from seeing all them verses you are posting.

doesn't matter how many scriptures I give or what I say.

YAH must open your eyes to see and give you ears to hear--or youll keep on rejecting and hiding behind verses that you don't even understand the meaning of.

I mean NOT to offend by these statements--BUT it takes YAH for us all to see

Blessings to all :love2::love2::love2:

20. HisWitness

HisWitness New Member

DHK---go on out there and steal us some groceries--while your at it kill the cashier at the grocery store-

AFTER all the commandments of Yeshua mean NOTHING to you :love2::love2:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.