1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Departing from the faith

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by HisWitness, Jun 27, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

My only gues is the mods/admins are doing this so that we can witness to him so that he can eventually be saved, I guess. Yes, I said THAT!!!!

2. HisWitness

HisWitness New Member

Blindness-----Blindness-----Blindness :tonofbricks::tonofbricks:

3. HisWitness

HisWitness New Member

in a humble way friend--I don't know why you are still bound in the garbage you and others are in--BUT then I realize I was once there also--it takes YAH to open ALL of our eyes--Blessings friend and Shalom :love2:

4. Steadfast Fred

Steadfast Fred Active Member

I am not in "garbage."

You have the nerve to use the word 'shalom' when it is obvious you are not here to promote peace.

By the measure you judge us, you yourself will be judged. You judge us to be in sin using the Mosaic Law as your proof, you are also judged by the Law and found to be in violation of the very Law you judge us in.

You do not continue in all the things written in the Law as the Scripture tells you to. Get the beam out of your eye, HW.

#84 Steadfast Fred, Jul 1, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 1, 2013
  5. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

Maybe a different angle on the relationship of faith and works is in order. After salvation, we are a new creature in Christ. Our desires are different. Before salvation, our natural inclination was to sin, after salvation we want to please the Lord. A big difference the Holy Spirit made. We may sin after salvation, but we do not want to. Romans 7 and 8 go into detail on this.

Anyway, our actions after salvation, as a part of wanting to please our Savior, is to obey His commandments. However, it comes naturally for the saved person. It is a matter of living like Jesus, becoming more like Him each day, as guided by the Holy Spirit. It is NOT a matter of memorizing rules, laws, and ordinances and trying to obey them under our own power. That is what the Pharisees did. In addition to the commandments being obeyed as a natural process, we also produce good works after salvation, again, because of our new desires.

Works is a byproduct of salvation and faith. Works and obeying commandments before salvation are worthless.

6. Fred's Wife

Fred's Wife Member

HW...

Do you know what the error of Phariseeism was? Do you understand why the Pharisees always opposed Jesus? You probably don't because you are so "bound up" into that error that your blindness has prevented you from seeing God's truth...you can't see "the forest for the trees".

The error of Phariseeism was not their zeal to obey the Word of God. They had no such zeal. Their zeal was to make up their own religious system and to rule over the people. The Pharisees were hypocrites! Insisting that everybody "keep the commandments" (meaning the Mosaic Law) and saying that failure to do so means we don't love Jesus is pharisaical. You are deep in the error of Phariseeism and you are too blind to see it.

#86 Fred's Wife, Jul 1, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 1, 2013
  7. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

Remember also, a tree is known by it's what? Fruit. Jesus stated that bt their fruits we will know them. Too much rotten fruit is dangling from a tree that either needs pruned, or cut down.

8. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

Coming from someone who has repeatedly slandered my Lord and Saviour's name, and referred to God as "satan".

Referring to God as "satan" is blasphemous, and I am ever so thankful I won't have to stand in your place we He executes judgement to all.

:tonofbricks::tonofbricks:<-------------back at you...........

9. HisWitness

HisWitness New Member

:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

10. HisWitness

HisWitness New Member

:tear::tear::tear::tear:

11. HisWitness

HisWitness New Member

:tear::tear:

12. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Shouldn't these conversations be happening in the "All Other Christians" section of the board?

13. HisWitness

HisWitness New Member

what do you mean??

14. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

You are not publishing baptist distinctives in your posts.........

15. HisWitness

HisWitness New Member

discussing the name of the Father and Son is not allowed to be discussed among Baptists ?????

Get real !!!:1_grouphug::1_grouphug:

16. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

I have noticed a lot of spiritual growth in your posts over the time we have been together, and respect the work God is doing in you very much. I know we kid around a lot, but I count you as one of more solid members of BB. You are a true brother in Christ, and I do not say that very often.

17. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

Get real?? Get serious!! You are stating stuff that no baptist worth their weight in fluff would believe. No baptist would refer to God as satan.

18. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

It's amazing what happens when one goes from the bottle to a plate of meat. I am not talking about my recent endeavor as meat and my previous years as milk, either. I, by His grace, have grown in knowledge. Not by myself. Sure, I have studied, and we're REQUIRED to do that, but it is by Him, that I have increased in knowledge. If someone's stuck on a bottle after six years, something's really amiss.

BTW, thank you for the kind words.

19. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

All your huggies and smilies make me think of this verse.

Proverbs 27:6 Faithful are the wounds of a friend; but the kisses of an enemy are deceitful.

20. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

:thumbs::thumbs:

Even though you're mean to me and call me a dinosaur, I'm glad you're growing!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.