1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Dept. of Arminian Security Calvinist Advisory system

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by 4His_glory, Apr 29, 2006.

1. 4His_glory

4His_glory New Member

2. Salamander

Salamander New Member

entire post snipped

[ April 29, 2006, 06:24 PM: Message edited by: Dr. Bob ]

3. Calvibaptist

Calvibaptist New Member

{Snipped due to references to an edited post}

[ April 30, 2006, 01:14 AM: Message edited by: TomVols ]

4. whatever

whatever New Member

{Snipped due to references to an edited post}

[ April 30, 2006, 01:14 AM: Message edited by: TomVols ]

5. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    PUBLIC WARNING: Salamander is on the way out of the BB for using the most vile attacks I can imagine. How sad that he would say such.

Let's move beyond his attack please.

6. TomVols

TomVols New Member

In order to try to help squelch this conflict, I have edited two posts that reference a post that had to be edited. I mean no disrespect to the posters I have edited. I just wish to help calm things down by eradicating any references to such an egregious post. Thank you for your understanding.

7. npetreley

npetreley New Member

That was rich! I'd send a copy to my former pastor in Missouri (A "Follow The Latest Fads" man), but he'd never get the point. ;)

8. Salamander

Salamander New Member

Then you must not have much of an imagination.

I admit I reacted harshly to the referenced web blog.

I view the web blog and the posting of it as an attack against Bible doctrine that IS determinable by the harmony of ALL Scripture.

Calvinism rooted in what is referred to as Dutch Reformation cannot make that claim, but has to alter words and their defintions to make the ideal "fit".

I also view your statements made against my person as vile and that without use of any imagination.

The Bible declares jesting/mockery as sin.

Since your bias as Administrator and your ideal of Calvinism delgates this board, I find that repulsive and an insult to the preisthood of the believer.

Since the ONLY way you can deal with a disagreement with your idolatrous doctrine of the man Calvin is breathe out threatenings, you should excercise your authority, but that does not go without saying that you have made your opinion the mandate and are in total disregard to the very elements you say that you believe in concerning being a true Baptist.

I "attacked" ONLY the ideal, you, Sir, attack my person as well as my charatcer.

I suppose you have that inalieable right as Administrator, but that can only be the way of surmising then your character.

Every exchange of communication you have had with me initiated from you has been very hateful and derogatory.

I admire your disdain towards your brethren who disagree with your belief system and how you try to squelch them by the use of a button.

The web blog is a total mockery to the Word of God at the expense of morality in the nature and spirit it is spoken.

Good day, Mr. Bob, and may God richly bless you in all wisdom.

9. npetreley

npetreley New Member

Calvinism is the very opposite of idolatry. It views God and His glory as supreme.

A true Baptist such as, say, Charles Spurgeon?

In short, "the fact that you attacked my character shows that your character is bad". Do you not see the hypocrisy in this statement?

10. Humblesmith

Humblesmith Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    When I saw the OP, I had hopes I'd find someone with a sense of humor about this whole affair.

eh, maybe someday I'll find one.

11. npetreley

npetreley New Member

Here's one. I thought it was hilarious, and unfortunately right on target.

12. Plain Old Bill

Plain Old Bill New Member

A little humor never hurt. We need to lighten up a bit.I went to the site and read the article for the most part.

13. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

You don't want to know what I think. I read most of it.

14. EdSutton

EdSutton New Member

I read it all! Why bother with a 'cheap shot' when one can save a few nickels with a 'free shot'? :rolleyes:

But I did find some of it funny!
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

And I'm not even close to being a Calvinist!

Or an Arminian!

(I ain't yet 'figgered' out all the differences between "perseverance" and "perseverance", I guess!)

Ed

15. Timtoolman

Timtoolman New Member

Pacifier's to Dr. Bob and those who think this is funny. I have the urge to post a website that is everybit as an attack against calvinism. But why? Because I have to be right? What purpose did this serve. It was too mock those who are not calvinist. I think from one who has been on the other side it is so clear how vile calvinist can get. I am dissapointed.

16. rsr

rsr <b> 7,000 posts club</b>

Faith:
    Baptist
    Everyone had enough fun yet?