1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Describe your method?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by mima, Mar 23, 2006.

1. bapmom

bapmom New Member

I think some worry too much about the term "soul winning". It is indeed a Biblical term, used several times, always in a positive manner. It in no way minimizes the fact that it is God that does the saving. We DO win people to Christ...."to Christ" is the operative phrase. We don't win them to ourselves, or to our own message, or to our church. We win them "to Christ".

And yes, Ive actually led complete strangers to the Lord, and as far as I could tell they were actually saved.....though they might not attend my own church - because I did not win them to my church, I won them to CHRIST.

About the OP, if Im on the street passing out tracts I will hand them one and ask them any one of several intro questions....usually if they know where they are going if they were to die today. Since Im in a very Catholic area, I often will modify that to ask if they were to die three years from now do they know.

If they stop and show interest, as many often do, than I open the tract and show them what the Bible says. We go through their need because of sin, I ask them questions trying to see what they already know (or think they know).

Typically our tracts use the Romans Road, but I also have my own Bible with me so I can turn to other passages if something else is needed to be explained.

Usually if a person is saved on the street it is because he has already been thinking about his own need and simply does not know what GOd says because he has not been taught right. It is simply the leading of the Holy Spirit that brings him to me or whoever I'm out with. I will find people who are searching and "trying" to get to God on their own, but they know they are failing. It is wonderful to be able to open the Bible and show them the Truth and win them to Christ.

2. shannonL

shannonL New Member

You have to be Spirit-led first of all.
    Not that I practice this everyday like I shoud but I find that when I yield myself to the Lord before my day starts and I'm willing to be a witness if the opportunity presents itself then I have found that the opportunity will always present itself.
    Each situation is different. Sometimes just a word or two in a conversation is all God wants. Other times it may be that a lengthy conversation was induced by talking about somethingelse.
    Sometimes it may take a long period of time building a relationship with a person to share the Gospel.At other times it may very well be that you need to say a bold word in due season. Sometimes door to door evangelism has its place.

The thing is we just need to be make ourselves available to any situation under any circumstance to give a testimony for the Lord.
    The only wrong way to witness is to do it with a arrogant spirit. We should be bold. We should minister grace to the hearers yet we should season our conversation with salt. We should not be ashamed of our Savior yet we should not be condescending. Yet we should not be so nilly-willy that we lose our spine in the process of standing up for our Lord who shed his blood on the cross before all the world on our behalf.

Ultimately the way to be a soul-winner is to be prepared. Have compassion and know your Bible and pray to be used . Also, God can't use a dirty vessel. Being in fellowship with the Lord is another key ingredient.

3. dh1948

dh1948 Member
    Site Supporter

I like the FAITH evangelism strategy approach. It is very easy to use and non-threatening.