1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Deshaund

Discussion in 'Prayer Requests & Praise' started by ktn4eg, Nov 8, 2012.

1. ktn4eg

ktn4eg New Member

Last night after the life group in my chuch ( www.lighthouseministries.org ) that I attend as often as this 66.5 YO very disabled military vet is capable of attending, I stopped at a nearby restaurant in which a 16 YO lad evidently works there part-time.

He saw my military hat that I'd worn to the life group as a sort-of visual reminder that this coming weekend (11/11/2012) is Veterans' Day.

AAR, he began asking me lots of questions about the military since, apparently he's thinking about going into some branch of the military after he graduates in a couple years.

I told him what my experiences were with having spent close to 23 yrs in the military. Whether what I said will have any impact on his future, I have no real way of knowing.

OTOH, before we parted our separate ways, I asked him (He told me that his name is DeShaun [sp?]) if he'd ever received Christ as His Savior.

He replied that he hadn't done so yet. In fact, what he did tell me about his family's "religious situation" remarkably mirrored what had experienced in my own life some 50 or so years ago.

His ride was outside in the parking lot waiting for him; thus, I wasn't able to talk with him very much about the absolute need of receiving Christ as his Savior.

I did manage to advise him to at least read over John chapter 3 and to personalize what God's Word tells us about being born again.

He did say that he was "open minded about spiritual things," and that he would at least look over that Gospel passage.

Please pray that the Holy Spirit will move upon this young man's heart and life and do for him the same thing that He did for me way back in April of 1966! :praying: :jesus:

Thank you. :thumbsup:

2. SaggyWoman

SaggyWoman Active Member

In my prayers..............

3. ktn4eg

ktn4eg New Member

I've been invited by Deshaund & his mother to spend a Thanksgiving evening meal with them at their home.

Please pray that God will give me discernment to deal properly with whatever spiritual needs this family may have.

Thank you.

4. abcgrad94

abcgrad94 Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'm just now seeing this request. Hope your evening went well and that you will be able to share with these folks.

5. ktn4eg

ktn4eg New Member

The evening went fairly well. He said that he'd read the Bible (esp John 3), but he said that he doesn't have one of his own to read.

Guess that'll be the next step for me....Looks like I'll be doing some Black Friday shopping after all!! :thumbsup:

6. ktn4eg

ktn4eg New Member

God led me to find a $60 Bible selling for only $45. It's one that I believe a honestly seeking person w/ little or no previous experience with a Bible (There ARE people like that living right here in Nashville TN, you know---even in the city where there are 4-5 national denominational hqtrs....the so-called "Buckle of the Bible Belt" [as some would call the Music City USA]!!).

I was able to give Deshaund this Bible last night (Fri 11/24/2012). It's now about 24 hours later. I'm now leaving it up to the Holy Spirit to do whatever He intends to do with His Word. After all, in the first place--HE was the One wrote it anyway, & He'll do His will with Deshaund & his family much better, even if I never hear or see any of them again!

Please pray for Deshaund, his younger brother (c 14 YO) & his "40ish YO" mother as well!

There are just too many "circumstances" that otherwise would probably NEVER have happened the way that they seem to be happening if the Holy Spirit isn't behind all this! :thumbs:

Now, regardless of how you as an individual may feel about "the whole Christmas idea," [Personally, I'm not that into the "whole idea" myself, but that's beside the point.]......Wouldn't be wonderful that, come mid- to late-December, JESUS would give these THREE souls THE GREATEST GIFT OF ALL.....ETERNAL LIFE THROUGH FAITH IN HIM!!!! :jesus::thumbs::applause:

-------------------------------------------------

(".....And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins....." Matthew 1:21)

7. jilphn1022

jilphn1022 New Member

What a wonderful gift that you gave Deshaund!
    May the Lord richly bless you and may God open Deshaund's eyes!
    Yes, we will be praying!