1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Detriment or Benefit?

Discussion in '2003 Archive' started by Pastor_Bob, Jun 25, 2003.

1. Hardsheller

Hardsheller Active Member
    Site Supporter

All I did was ask a question! How did I get lumped together with Pastor Bob? :eek:

2. TomVols

TomVols New Member

You got something against Pastor Bob? :D

I just believe that way too much flies around due to misperceptions of Calvinism. These bromides get based on caricatures, not characteristics.

So I call on all to look at the facts, the real facts.

3. Watchman

Watchman New Member

1. Calvinism
    Well did someone on this board call this debate forum, "The bar room brawl of the Baptist Board!"
    When one side gives scriptures backing their position, the other side states the REAL meaning of the passage and list others to back their point of view, which the other side states the REAL meaning... well, on and on. But, I will not be wishy-washy here and offer my view. I do think the folks at www.biblebelievers.net under "Calvinism Refuted" has it right. They have a long list of passages that refute Calvinism and even show, listing all the references, where even Calvin refuted the "L", Limited Attonement, later on in his life. (They said Calvinist will do their best to refute Calvins' change of view on this matter, but, he did, read what he said.)
    My big problem here is using the word LIMITED with our Lord and Saviours death on the cross.
    2. KJV only
    Here the folks at www.biblebelievers.net has it wrong! Folks, we don't have the original autographs as one radio minister put it, "They did not fall out of heaven and land on King James lap." I have no problem though with King James preferred in the church.
    Beloved members: how can anyone doubt the salvation of anyone else they disagree with on either of these two things?

4. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

I believe KJV onlyism is wrong because it gives a false interpretation of scripture to the people. Look up some of those words and see what they mean in todays language. I have challenged a few to read some passages and none will because of the vulgarity of some of those words today.

Plus if you want to give the idea of say for instance a letter written to the people the best way to communicate that is in the same language we would recieve a letter today. A prayer in the NT was writtem in the common language they understand not some "Noble" language but plain language. If we do not communicate the simple ideas as well then we are misleading people. The KJV is inaccurate because even its language must be translated to today's language so people can understand. Simply put it is misleading to use language that does not have the same meaning today that the scriptures are trying to communicate.

If I believe in irresistable grace, where does that put Judas? Jesus was with him.