1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Devotions and Prayer

Discussion in '2005 Archive' started by Copper, May 25, 2005.

1. Copper

Copper Guest

When do YOU pray and read the Word? In the morning? Evening? Do you do so daily or sporatically?

2. Ben W

Ben W Active Member
    Site Supporter

Before bed suits me best, no doubt each of us is diffenent, yet I find that what suits me is to read approx four chapters of the Bible, and maybe have a look at a Christian book, I am currently reading one called "Getting through the Tough Stuff" by Charles Swindoll which I am finding quite helpful.

3. robycop3

robycop3 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I pray as often as I happen upon a situation that IMO calls for Christian prayer. I pray a short general prayer upon awakening and before going to bed. I work swingshift, so I read a Bible at different times. I try to read at least four versions completely through in one year. Right now, I'm working on the AV 1611, reading EVERYTHING between its covers. While studying any version, I keep an encyclopedia and science books nearby, as I never know when the Holy Spirit may choose to expound upon a certain facet of Scripture.