1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

DH is out and I need some clarification.....

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by annsni, Oct 11, 2006.

1. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

I'd ask him but he's out teaching a class at church and I'm just foggy-brained tonight but want to answer someone this question.

She's asking about the Trinity and if we believe it (yep) and, if we do, if we feel that you need to believe that Jesus is God in order to be saved. I know that the Jehovah's Witnesses say that Jesus is not God but a god yet they say that they believe in Jesus and that His sacrifice is what saves us (atleast some JW who are on a board I'm on). They talk of 'accepting Jesus as their Savior and all - yet they do not believe that Jesus is God.

I know that they believe in a different Jesus than the true Jesus and that they are NOT saved but I can't clarify my reasoning and I need Scripture. :BangHead:

I wish DH was home......

2. whatever

whatever New Member

It's hard for me to imagine anyone confessing with her mouth that Jesus is Lord and believing in her heart that God raised him from the dead, and thus being saved, but not believing that Jesus is God. I vote no.

(P.S. - can you show me "accepting Jesus as their Savior" in the Bible?)

3. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

I've never had the ones that come here say Jesus was their savior. They usually work for their salvation. You are correct about the diety of Christ, their Bible is missing a few verses like Jn 1:1.

4. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

I'm just using that catch-all phrase that is used. One JW has said that she 'accepts Jesus as her Savior and looks to Him for her salvation" and that's why I said that.

5. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

She probably sleep during brain washing class. May she can be converted is you show her the errors in the JW ways.

6. whatever

whatever New Member

Amen to that. Perhaps asking about this "accepting Jesus" idea might be a good way to turn the conversation to Christ our Lord.

7. Humblesmith

Humblesmith Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    One can be saved with no more nor less than simple faith in Christ. You do not have to know or understand doctrine to be saved.

However, if you do understand the clear teachings of scripture and deny them, then you are not saved. The doctrine of the unique diety of Jesus is taught in many places in the bible, and if one denies such a clear truth, they do not have faith in the saviour.

John 8:24: Therefore I said to you that you will die in your sins; for unless you believe that I am He, you will die in your sins."

Note that Jesus does not say that we have to believe that he is the I Am first, but that if you deny it, you will die in your sins.

8. Allan

Allan Active Member

I deal with JW all the time. Actually I have a couple coming over this Sat at 3 pm.

They are clever in their deceptions that suck many christians in. How? They have in recent years began using the same terminology we do but it has different meanings.

Like they will say:
    I am saved by grace.
    I beleive Jesus died for my sins.
    That salvation is in Jesus, and that is why I trust Him.
    Jesus is Lord.

They have a different meaning in their terminology and it is best to have them elaborate on what they mean. Like:

I beleive Jesus is Lord - Jesus is a created being how rules (Lord) over God creation.

Jesus died for my sins - Jesus died for my sins [to open the door for me to be able live a righteous life that will allow me access into the heavenly earth] They aren't allowed in Heaven unless they are one of the 144,000

I would say check out this website:
    witforjesus.org

It is how to witness to either JW's or Mormans, and was started by an ex-JW

9. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

Aw, they have a new gimmick. They don't come by hear anymore. The last time they were by I had to go down a few doors and tell them they missed my house. I kind of miss them.

When my daughter was young she would be out playing and see them down the street. She'd run in the house all excited and hollar Daddy, they're coming, they're almost here. She make sure everything was set then go out and wait on them.

If you let them finish their 10 minute speal you can begin bible study...

10. Allan

Allan Active Member

Most people wont give them the time of day - and I understand why :tongue3:
    I don't encourage anyone who isn't strong in basic doctrinal understanding to do any indepth study with them.

However, I have had the blessed privilage to be apart of God Changing some lives into true born-agian beleivers.

In NC I actually had the opportunity to share the gospel, and the JW's that came went back and returned with 4 elders who came to study with us 2 more times. They then proclaimed I was not to be visited again by any JW's. Then next week 3 of the elders came back, and I shared again what I did at the first and they all came to a knowledge of Christ Jesus in truth and left the cult THAT DAY! - Amen!

It doesn't happen like that most time and your blessed to have them come back again after you share the true gospel. But I beleive if anyone comes my way, it is God telling me to share yet again with those who are in darkness and needing the Light, Christ Jesus.

11. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

I have one at the Church also that used to come by the house. She was new to the faith and was really searching to belong. I'm trying to figure out how they marked my house cuz they won't even look up my driveway. I believe everybody deserves a chance to be saved.

12. Allan

Allan Active Member

Sometimes there are some bold ones. Kinda like the old "who's brave enough to go knock on the door haunted house at midnight?" deal.

Maybe you are their boogy-man :tongue3:
    and they are trying to find someone who can bring you in :BangHead: dag, theres that Jesus wall again. :laugh: