1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

DHS Official: ‘Apples And Oranges’ To Use Terror List To Prohibit Gun Ownership [VIDEO]

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Revmitchell, Dec 17, 2015.

1. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Assistant Homeland Security Secretary for International Affairs Alan Bersin testified before Congress that using terror watchlists to prohibit people from owning guns would be “apples and oranges.”

“My concern with is, there has been a lot of talk recently about using these watch lists for purposes other than they were intended,” Rep. Blake Farenthold said Thursday. “For instance, in determining whether or not Americans are able to exercise their rights under the Second Amendment.”

“Do you think it is appropriate that these lists be used outside of what they were designed for?” Farenthold asked Bersin.

Bersin replied, “I’ve not heard that, and I don’t believe that it would be, uh, and I believe it would be apples and oranges.”

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2015/12/17/d...o-prohibit-gun-ownership-video/#ixzz3ue56SOlt

2. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Government shouldn't be allowed to have such secretive lists.