1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Dick Armey: Why I Think Hillary Will Win

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by KenH, Nov 15, 2007.

1. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    "First and foremost, the Republican brand as effective stewards of the taxpayer dollar is in tatters, and the shredding doesn’t look to stop any time soon. Just last week, 138 House Republicans joined the Democrats in voting to override the president’s veto of a wasteful and pork-ridden Water Resources bill. That vote was a shameful display of personal politics over the national interest, and it contains the seeds of destruction of whatever conservative principles remain in the Republican party.

The callow accommodation to big-spending Democrats in Congress is one of the ways the Republican party will return itself to the days of serving as a compliant, permanent minority. Happy for table scraps, elected Republicans will simply abandon the ideas of their party in order to “get along”.

No wonder Americans prefer Democrats on the economy, taxes, and spending issues, according to recent polling data. When the choice is between Democrats, and the Democrat-lite ideas the GOP has become so comfortable offering, the Democrats will win every time.

The only way the Republican party will beat Hillary Clinton is to return to its limited-government roots. That’s the only way to rebuild a majority coalition.

For example, today religious conservatives are confused, disillusioned, and somewhat fractured. Too many of the current crop of self-appointed social conservative leaders have embraced an agenda that splits the GOP coalition. Big government ideas— runaway spending on “conservative” social programs, social engineering in the tax code, and greater government intervention into Americans’ personal lives—are the wrong path. This pandering has hurt the GOP in swing states, especially in the Mountain West and Great Lakes states.

To counter Hillary Clinton’s perfectly oiled political machine, Republicans need to return to their Barry Goldwater and Ronald Reagan roots. They need to present an alternative vision for America—a positive vision that limits government and trusts individuals and leaves families, churches, and businesses free to make their own decisions, and not have bureaucrats and politicians calling the shots.

Right now, the country is headed toward a date with Hillary Clinton, and big government is on the agenda. The only way to change that rendezvous is for candidates to offer a clear, principled, limited government alternative."

- rest at www.freedomworks.org/informed/issues_template.php?issue_id=2911

2. Dagwood

Dagwood New Member

I sure hope she wins, if she gets the Democratic nomination!

3. steaver

steaver Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    We must remember who we are first and foremost.

We are Christ's. Republican spending ideas verses Democrat spending ideas makes for a good healthy balance in our government. It is like a check and balance and we are given liberty to voice our view through our vote.

However, we are God's children first. We must not get caught up in the money arguments as to let it take priority in our decision making as to who we yoke ourselves together with. We always tell our kids to be in the world and not of the world, or to remember who they represent as a child of God.

We have the right to vote in this great country. We do not have the unconsequencial right to place money issues over biblical morality issues.

I agree that abortion should not ever have been a government issue, ever. One would think that it would have been a no-brainer back when RoevWade was passed. Then the government should have banned together to strike it down for good, but it has been allowed to fester and evolve into what it is today. It is sad that many representatives have embraced the death of babies in order to get elected.

Sadder yet is how Christians have gotten caught up in the apathy as well, placing other things as more important than the murder of unborn babies.

Christian first, money maybe, but give unto Caesar what is Caesar's and unto God what is God's.

Repent my brothers and sisters!

God bless! :thumbs:

4. 2 Timothy2:1-4

2 Timothy2:1-4 New Member

Or even making other issues equal.

5. Dagwood

Dagwood New Member

Everyone doesn't think it is murder. Kind of like climate change. Some think man is responsible, other don't.

6. 2 Timothy2:1-4

However it doesn't change the facts. Ripping an unborn child limb from limb should prick every0ones heart. And the failure to have a reasonable conscience on this issue is most telling.

7. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    How does the error of a person's "thoughts" factor into this "Christian" debate from a Christian perspective? God's word declares abortion a murder, it doesn't matter what the lost "think". But Christians know better and because they know better they have the greater sin if they support abortion in any way shape or form. This would include voting.

I don't believe it's kinda like climate change. Everyone "knows" the climate has been getting warmer, both the lost and the saved (if they pay any attention to the debate over it). As you said, not everyone "knows" or agrees abortion is murder. Christians know it is murder from God's word on it, but the lost are split on the issue.

The "who or what caused the climate change" is debatable even among Christians. Abortion being murder is not debatable among Christians for it is clear from God's word on the matter. Since this is a Christian board I would naturally expect all who post here have no argument as to whether abortion is murder.

So, to say "everyone" does not think it is murder is quite true among the lost, but not true among the saved. That is IF the Christian has looked into God's word on the matter. If they have, and I would believe that all who post here surely have, then "everyone" posting here would know it is murder.

God Bless! :thumbs:

8. just-want-peace

just-want-peace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Also kinda like God's word; Everybody does not believe in God's word, but what they believe does not alter reality.

Facts is facts & not believing them does not change them one iota!

9. hillclimber1

hillclimber1 Active Member
    Site Supporter

Have you asked the Lord of this? Justifying murder, for convenience, let alone any other reason is OK to your conscience? It is a womans right to administer the death penalty to an unborn child because it's her choice? My Bible NEVER makes a case for this. Consult the Lord friend.

10. 2 Timothy2:1-4

I have my doubts that Dagwood was justifying abortion. He just simply stated what others think. But he doesn't think that abortion is justifiable because that would be against the posting rules.

11. hillclimber1

hillclimber1 Active Member
    Site Supporter

I sure hope you're right. It's hard to imagine saints posting some of these things.

This attitude is concession to sin. this is an attitude that troubles me when coming from one claiming to be a child of God.

#11 hillclimber1, Nov 17, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 17, 2007
  12. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

Voting for a pro abortion candidate on either side by a Christian is beyond imagination. I do believe one day we will give account for our votes. This is the first election I can remember where there is an excellent chance for two pro abortion candidates.

The best thing we can do while there is time is to encourage Republicans to nominate a pro life candidate. Otherwise, the Democrats are going to win.

13. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Brother plaese read your bible and pray God for understanding. If we as Christians are to participate in world affairs it must be from God's point of view. Christ does not give any support or right for any individual to choose to take another's life. Nor does Christ give His children a pass on apathy towards the taking of an innocent life.

You have chosen to wash your hands of the situation trying to justify your apathy. But it does not work that way. Voting for pro-murder candidates is sin and is attaching yourself to their sin. It cannot be justified away.

Everyone knows the governmental system and how it works. When we vote we are in effect saying I agree with this candidate and I want them to REPRESENT me in office.

If you cannot find a candidate that does not dirrectly violate God's word then you would be justified to opt out or do a right-in. Some issues are very non-sinful as to the side you take with a thoughtful heart on the matter. Both sides generally have good points and bad (all opinionated of course). But those issues that fly in the face of God must not be tolerated just to appease your own lust on other matters such as your pocket-book. God is the provider of our needs, not any political party in general. Honor God by rejecting these murderers and He will take care of your needs.

We ALL benefit from BOTH democrat and repubican policies. Let's, as Christians, stay focused on God's word on the sin issues and vote in accordance with Christ.

Pilate didn't murder Jesus, right? Well, no wrong, actually he was guilty also according to God's word even though he did not do the actual act. Claiming you never had an abortion does not free you from the sin of apathy to those unborn babies who are being ripped apart.

Repent my brother!

#13 steaver, Nov 18, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 18, 2007
  14. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Amen, brother Dagwood. Many Christians have forgotten Jesus' command to render unto God the things that are God's and to render unto Ceasar the things that are Caesar's.

15. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Whoa brother. That would be you! Jesus said just pay the tax and take care of the things of God. Innocent babies would be a "thing" of God's!

Many Christians worry about the tax and care less about the babies. Do you understand the scripture you quoted? It would not fit into brother Dagwoods postings.

16. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

That is a bunch of malarky. The American people would be immensly better off if neither party existed, and we had leaders that cared for the people they govern, instead of being the self-indulgent pigs that they are.

17. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Whoa nothing. You and I are going to be at odds politically because you appeart to want the government to be an extension of the church. I don't. We both agree that abortion is wrong.

We have to bear in mind that the government in Washington represents 300 million people, not just conservative evangelicals.

18. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    And by bearing this in mind it should change my Christian biblical view in what way?

Should I let murder slide? Should I let taxes anger me?

Jesus said if Caesar believes he should have the money then give it to him and render unto God what is God's.

You are God's my dear brother and you should not let the masses (mostly lost) form your opinion of just and unjust. God comes first in EVERYTHING my friend. Checking Him at the polling door does not fly. He will be right there recording your vote and judging your heart and knowledge of His ways and word. You know from the scriptures that voting for a pro-murderer candidate is against your Savior's word. It is sin. Many have warned you as scripture calls us to warn each other. You will have no defense at the JSOC on this issue.

Repent and begin a new heart towards honoring God in your arguments and in your views. Look to the Word for ALL answers to ALL issues and you will not be confounded. Do you see how you struggle to argue against the wisdom found in God's word? You are finding yourself on the wrong side of the word my friend.

19. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I don't. :)