1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Dick Morris: 'Landslide' for Romney

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by mandym, May 9, 2012.

1. Baptist in Richmond

Baptist in Richmond Active Member

It wasn't irrelevant - those were HIS words. How convenient for you that you can simply disregard those words in your political decision making.
    The tantrum appears to be yours - not surprisingly.

That certainly was a bizarre exchange that you could have avoided by simply sticking to what I post.

2. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    How do you know it was easy for Romney to change his mind on the issue of abortion?

I would think realizing you were wrong on abortion would be a gut-wrenching, soul searching, humbling experience.

As governor of California Ronald Reagan signed a pro-abortion bill. Later he 'easily' changed his stance on this issue. As governor of Massachusetts Romney vetoed morning after pill legislation (veto was subsequently overridden.)

3. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I think the best that we hope for if Romney wins is to tread water until the next, next election.

Obviously he knows there are certain things he must do (OK should do) certain promises he must keep right away to have any 2nd term possibilities.

Of course (if he gets the job) his predecesor should have known this as well.

Hopefully he won't flip his current flops (or is it flop his current flips?) and we end up worse off than we already are.

I'm wondering along with others if our republic will cease to be, the light of liberty go out and we become a 21st century cradle to grave economic social serfdom, we don't have far to go, if the healthcare bill becomes the law of the land then we have arrived at that place - IMO.

However we all know who has the final word and the ultimate authority.

Revelation 11:15 And the seventh angel sounded; and there were great voices in heaven, saying, The kingdoms of this world are become the kingdoms of our Lord, and of his Christ; and he shall reign for ever and ever

HankD

4. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

It is a long time until November. There is really nothing else to say about Romney, as every issue from abortion, to gay rights, to his outright lying has been debated endlessly. The only thing left to do with Romney is to treat him like exactly what he is on November 6th, yesterday's trash.

5. Borneol

Borneol New Member

Yeah, I've often thought the election would be close between Obama and Romney. It, the spread, probably depends on the state of the economy the most. If the economy keeps going down or even stagnant the election will likely not be close. That seems to be the topic on most American's mind, since the down turn in the economy years ago. We're still doing poorly. The expensive stimulus ideas tried over the past few years have not worked.

I saw the President's campaign is moving back toward talking about jobs, attacking Romney's past work. Obama is highlighting Mitt Romney's Bain Capital experience. From the appearance of things, it doesn't appear this idea is going far. We might soon be back to the President talking about social issues once again, and magazines with colorful Obama halo covers.

"Obama Campaign Gone Wild"

snippet from Gerri Willis's article:

Read more: http://www.foxbusiness.com/on-air/w.../05/14/obama-campaign-gone-wild#ixzz1uxVv6RRf

6. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

Three hundred million Americans, and these two are the best we can come up with for the finalists. A sad state of affairs.

7. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

So what is your opinion of Qbama?

8. OldRegular

Just shows what wonders Evolution can produce!

9. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

Exactly what it is about Romney

10. OldRegular

You have my sympathy but bitterness will get you nothing.

11. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

See my new thread. You were very influential in my decision, and owe you a word of thanks.

12. independentDEM

independentDEM New Member

I dont agree with everything Morris stands for but he is a political genius