1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Did AD Jeff Long hit a HR at U of AR?

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Berean, Dec 6, 2012.

1. Berean

Berean Member
    Site Supporter

After months of suspense and anticipation U of AR has found a replacement for Coach Bobbby Patrino. The hire certainly has all the earmarks of a definite improvement in the character and integrity issue, But can he measure up to Hog Fans expectations? IMO this is the best he could do with what candidates were available without selecting a coordinator. I see Arkansas as a Good Mid Major Program (fastest of the slow readers or slowest of the fast readers) and certainly a 74% overall winning record would be a good job in the SEC. I think it boils down to can he consistently beat Alabama and LSU, at least break even? Patreno was 2 and 6 against these two powerful foes. Although some Hog Fans wanted to bring Coach Patreno back and buy him a new motorcycle I do think this was a good hire in the long run.

2. Bob Alkire

Bob Alkire New Member

Only time will tell. I for one believed Ken Hatfield would have done great and he was about run out of town and at Clemson too. I believed Danny Ford was a great hire but it didn't work out either. Never did understand the hireing of Jack Crowe and Reggie Herring but I don't live in Ar. Lou Holtz was a great football hire but to much of a Republican for that part of the state if not the entire state. Best hire in my view was Frank Broyles. Wish you folks the best with the man you got.

3. Berean

Berean Member
    Site Supporter

Bob, I agree whole heartley about Kenny Hatfield. I feel that his and his wifes statement of their faith did not set well with the administration at that time. Kenny also had best W/L of any U of Ar coach in the past 25 years.

4. Bob Alkire

Bob Alkire New Member

Yes, he was a good Christian witness. He loved the wishbone!