1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Did anyone else watch the Bristol Palin interview?

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by BigBossman, Feb 23, 2009.

1. BigBossman

BigBossman Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yesterday evening, I was watching "On the Record" with Greta Van Susteren. She had an interview with Bristol Palin, Sarah Palin's daughter who was pregnant. She was asked about teen pregnancy & what would she tell others.

She responded that people should wait at least ten years before having any kind of sexual relationship. I was surprised that she didn't say, wait until you are married. While I give her credit for taking responsibility, she should think things through before sitting in front of a camera.

2. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I did not see the interview, but I did read where she said that telling Christian youth to simply say "No," is very unrealistic. I do applaud her for giving her honest opinion. I believe she is right in her opinion on the simply saying 'No."
    I am not sure what her Mom thought of her answr.

I do agree with Boss that waiting until marriage is the best option.

Churches need to face the physical side of our human nature and deal bluntly, honestly, and rationally with that nature when teaching our teens and others. Also we adults need to be extremely good roll models for them.

3. Magnetic Poles

Magnetic Poles New Member

Very good points, CTB. I didn't see it either, better things on TV. BUT, the church needs to get over it's mindset that every one of our children will wait. Some will, but given the intensity of the teen libido, it won't always happen that way. We need to deal with it. It isn't a scandal, it is a reality of life that must be dealt with in love and compassion.

4. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Wasn't it in the news right after Governor Palin was chosen to be Senator McCain's running mate that Bristol and the baby's father were going to get married? Wasn't that five and a half months ago? Or is my memory incorrect about this?

5. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You are correct. The last I heard was Bristol said they would get married someday, but the time is not right now.

6. BigBossman

BigBossman Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    It was mentioned during the campaign, but this was one of the first interviews she had done. She had her baby back in November.

7. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Is there another "option?"

8. Steven2006

Steven2006 New Member

You have to give Greta Van Susteren credit. She sure parlayed the zoo of the OJ trial and Americas lust for gossip and sensationalized stories into a successful career for herself.