1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Did Christ die for Judas the traitor ?

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by savedbymercy, Oct 11, 2012.

1. The Biblicist

The Biblicist Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

I don't believe John 3:18 says anything about ones future but rather about ones past. Christ did not come into the world in order to condemn the world because they are condemned already as no one comes into the world as a believer in Christ. Hence, they cannot please God as they come into the world without faith.

Thus willful rejection of Christ is not the issue as he does not say they have heard and refuse to beleive but they are already by nature in a state of unbelief in regard to him. This would be true of heathen who have never heard the gospel as it is of those born into Christian families or cultures. They are all equally condemned by their very nature of unbelief as they come into this world.

2. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Sinners go to hell die to them being seperated from God, their sins have NOT been atoned for, and their rejection of jesus is due to those other things being true first!

3. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

That scripture does not say people go to hell for a lack of faith, evidently you cannot read !

4. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

the bib

Thats True, however many come into this World already reconciled to God by the Death of Christ, even while they are unbelievers Rom 5:10

10 For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life.

So anyone Christ died for cannot be one of those condemned in Jn 3:18

He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

That cannot apply to God's Enemies whom Christ died for. They have no sin charged to them at all by non imputation !

5. billwald

billwald New Member

Jesus dying for Judas would be like "casting pearls before swine."

6. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

I can read just fine...perhaps you cannot comprehend.

7. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

I'll continue to believe "it is finished". You continue to believe it is not finished and God will be eternally unpaid for offenses committed against Him.

8. Michael Wrenn

Michael Wrenn New Member

Why? So, some human beings are swine? I guess believing that would make it easier to believe there are some Jesus didn't die for.

9. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

To hold to this is to ignore the clear present particple of the action (believes not), i.e. Faith.

10. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Apples and space shuttles.

11. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

No you cannot read:

That scripture Jn 3:18 does not say people go to hell for a lack of faith ! Not even close. Thats how false teaching gets started !

12. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Believing not is what? Try again.

13. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

That scripture Jn 3:18 does not say people go to hell for a lack of faith ! Not even close. Thats how false teaching gets started !

14. billwald

billwald New Member

>>Originally Posted by billwald
    >>Jesus dying for Judas would be like "casting pearls before swine."

>Why? So, some human beings are swine? I guess believing that would make it >easier to believe there are some Jesus didn't die for.

You actually think that Jesus was suggesting the feeding of oyster-grown pearls to four legged bacon on the hoof pigs? Boggles the mind. It is difficult to deal with adults who read at a 2nd grade level.

15. SovereignMercy

Faith:
    Baptist
    Jesus answered them, "Did I not choose you, the twelve, and one of you is a devil?" He spoke of Judas Iscariot, the son of Simon, for it was he who would betray Him, being one of the twelve.

I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd gives His life for the sheep.

As the Father knows Me, even so I know the Father; and I lay down My life for the sheep.

Jesus makes it pretty clear who He died for - His sheep, not the goats.

All the nations will be gathered before Him, and He will separate them one from another, as a shepherd divides his sheep from the goats. And He will set the sheep on His right hand, but the goats on the left.

16. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

Degrading the Value of Christ's Blood !

Its nothing short of a degrading estimation for the Value of Christ's Blood for those to ignorantly appeal to 2 Pet 2:1 as a proof text to teach or insinuate that Christ's Blood Redeemed those false teachers, and they remained so, in fact, they were born by the providence of God to be taken as wild beast and destroyed 2 Pet 2:12

12 But these, as natural brute beasts, made to be taken and destroyed, speak evil of the things that they understand not; and shall utterly perish in their own corruption;

Ain't no doubt about it, Peter states that they SHALL utterly perish in their own corruption !

Those who teach such things, that these false teachers were redeemed by the blood of Christ, are false teachers themselves and more importantly, they show a disdain for the Meritorious Effects and Accomplishment of the redeeming Blood of Christ, which actually purges our hearts from dead works to serve the True and Living God Heb 9:14

14 How much more shall the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself without spot to God, purge your conscience from dead works to serve the living God?

For if Christ died for any that are false teachers, then the effects of His Blood would be that to redeem them from dead works, and from all iniquity Titus 2:14

14 Who gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify unto himself a peculiar people, zealous of good works.

It redeems from a vain manner of Life 1 Pet 1:18-19

18 Forasmuch as ye know that ye were not redeemed with corruptible things, as silver and gold, from your vain conversation received by tradition from your fathers;

19 But with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot:

So whereas a false teacher who professes Christ is a worker of iniquity according to Christ Matt 7:22-23

22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?

23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

17. Michael Wrenn

Michael Wrenn New Member

You know exactly what I was saying.

And it was you who made the despicable analogy.

I had an undergraduate GPA of 3.92. Want to try another insult?

It is difficult to deal with adults who equate human beings with swine.

18. Michael Wrenn

Michael Wrenn New Member

And you are a liar and false accuser.

19. Michael Wrenn

Michael Wrenn New Member

It's amazing to me how some on here are incapable of discussion but instead resort to calling people false teachers and worse for having an opposing opinion or belief.

20. Steadfast Fred

Steadfast Fred Active Member

Hebrews 2:9 But we see Jesus, who was made a little lower than the angels for the suffering of death, crowned with glory and honour; that He by the grace of God should taste death for every man.

Yep... He died even for Judas.