1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Did Dinosaurs co exist with Man?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by JesusFan, Jun 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. quantumfaith

quantumfaith Active Member

I reposted, because I felt strongly that you were indeed, in a "left handed" way attempting to assert that I am not in the ranks of believers. Second, I did not see your amendment to WD's post before.

2. quantumfaith

Currently in the US, we use approximately 15 million barrels per day. Approximately 825 million gallons of oil per day.

3. Havensdad

Havensdad New Member

Although I do know most seminaries, such as Liberty, for instance, assert that Old Earth Theories are within orthodoxy, most of them assert Theistic Evolution to be heresy. I was required to sign a list of denials, when I entered Seminary, that included denial of theistic evolution on the same list as the affirmation of Christ's deity.

Theistic Evolution is considered heretical by most Baptist Seminaries.

4. JesusFan

JesusFan Well-Known Member

Does ANY here know if the BB even has an "official" position on this topic?

Also, isn't beliefs that Bible NOT infallible, Full pretierism, deniel of Second Coming ALL heritical, yet posters who teach this still allowed to post here on BB?

NOT saying they shouldn't be able to, but is there an "official" listing of what would be considered heretical on the BB?

#104 JesusFan, Jun 24, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 24, 2011
  5. quantumfaith

William Dembski, mathematician, has held positions at both Southern Seminary in Louisville, and Southwestern Seminary in Dallas. He is a well know ID proponent and not a YE.

6. Havensdad

Havensdad New Member

Correct. There is not even any specific rule against calling someone an unbeliever, just a rule against "personal attacks" which some moderators have taken to mean calling someone an unbeliever.

However, asserting a doctrinal position is not a personal attack. I am allowed to BELIEVE something, and even to EXPRESS that belief. If I say "I believe that people who do not believe the scriptures are the Word of God, are not true believers," that is not attacking anyone. That is simply informing others of my doctrinal position.

It is silly that some want to make certain beliefs that they do not like, against the rules.

7. Havensdad

Havensdad New Member

First, Dembski was let go from Southern, and replaced with Kurt Wise, a YEC.

Second, Dembski does not believe in Evolution in terms of the theory of common descent. He is not a theistic evolutionist, though he is an old earther.

8. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

What words did I put in your mouth? You said false teacher. How does Scripture define it? Show me where it is ever used in reference to believers, and to make matters worse your comparison to Jesus and Paul "proof texts" only refute you.

9. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

PM a moderator...questioning the salvation of others IS a violation.

10. Havensdad

Havensdad New Member

I did not say anything about questioning the salvation of a person. I am talking about expressing a doctrinal position.

Tell you what; see if you can get me kicked off with this:

"I believe that anyone who denies the deity of Christ, is going to spend an eternity in Hell, and is an unbeliever."

Go ahead. I am waiting.

11. quantumfaith

Did not know he was "let go" from Souther, but that does not surprse me. He is indeed OE, and ID.

12. Havensdad

Havensdad New Member

I am expressing a doctrinal position regarding false teachers. You are trying to portray it as if I attacked someone when I didn't. You are being dishonest.

13. Havensdad

Havensdad New Member

But he specifically denies theistic evolution.

14. Havensdad

Havensdad New Member

BTW,

You need to report all the moderators, and the administrative council of the BB!

15. quantumfaith

If you will look back I declared my position as theistic evolution/Intelligent Design. Perhaps we are arguing over the wrong thing. But for the record, I have no difficulty with evolution so long as God is the designer, implementer, manager, director.......of such.

16. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

You equated your harsh rebuke on par with Jesus and Paul doing the same with UNBELIEVERS, I wasn't dishonest at all, that is a false accusation and you know it. YOU stated a false teacher is not an unbeliever...prove it from Scripture.

17. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

I don't have to do anything...if you don't like the rules here you are not being held against your will.

There is a difference in a doctrine being deemed a heresy and someone being labeled a false teacher.

18. Havensdad

Havensdad New Member

First, my rebuke was not harsh. I did not call anyone names "Snake" "idiot" etc. I stated my position, which included the fact that he is denying God's Word. That is my position. I am allowed to state it.

Second, I equated my directness, with Jesus' and Paul's rebuke of professed believers. Whether or not some of them were really believers (as Peter clearly was), is inconsequential. Judgment, and rebuke, is for believers. We are not to judge or rebuke unbelievers for their sin (see 1 Corinthians 5).

No, YOU are stating that a false teacher is ALWAYS an unbeliever. My position is that scripture does not say either way; false teachers can be believers, or unbelievers.

So YOU prove it from scripture.

19. quantumfaith

Intelligent design, by contrast, teaches that biological complexity is not exclusively the result of material mechanisms but also requires intelligence, where the intelligence in question is not reducible to such mechanisms. The central issue, therefore, is not the relatedness of all organisms, or what typically is called common descent. Indeed, intelligent design is perfectly compatible with common descent. Rather, the central issue is how biological complexity emerged and whether intelligence played a pivotal role in its emergence.

William Dembski

20. Havensdad

Havensdad New Member

Right. Saying someone is a false teacher is not as bad. Saying something is "damnable heresy" is calling someone an unbeliever, whereas saying that a certain doctrinal position is false teaching, is just saying it is contrary to Christian doctrine.

I don't need to go anywhere. I am well within the rules. You are the one who wants to invent new rules, and assert a "politically correct" zone over the Baptist Board.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.