1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Did God Approve the Death penalty to have Jesus Killed By it?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Yeshua1, May 22, 2013.

1. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Noone questioned that. What is at question is the WHERE considering the whole of Scripture does God demand man make the decision to punish unto death while alive here?

I didn't have to say it. God's word says you break one, you break them all.

2. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

And so Yeshua, I ask you and anyone else who cares to reply. Why are the decisions of the United States authorities to punish unto death for its chosen reasons anymore righteous than the decisions of the authorities in Iran, Afghanistan, Saudi Arabia, Brunei, etc,. to punish unto death for their chosen reasons?

3. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Look, you want to use abortion doctors as an example of injustice. Just pointing out that if we make it equal on the side of the death penalty, you then say that abortion doctors don't deserve the death penalty. The logic doesn't follow.

God didn't say it's legal to allow women to murder babies. That's an imposed fallacy to throw off the argument. That decision was made by men, plain and simple.

It's scripture that says the rulers are the sword. Just cause you don't like what scripture says, doesn't make it absurd.

No one swats their kids with a sword. No one uses a sword to make someone stand in a corner. You want to talk about the WHOLE of scripture, but you ignore context--such as coupling "sword" and "punishment" in the same verse. You want to talk about punishment, then take ALL of scripture into account, not just the parts you like.

If you believe that Romans 13 is God going against Himself, that's between you and God.

#43 Don, May 29, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 29, 2013
  4. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

First, I didn't mention any doctors I don't believe. And they don't deserve the death penalty anymore than you or I do for breaking the very same Law of God.

Again, you're helping to make my point. God has not ceded this life and death decision to sinful men who cannot consistently righteously do so. You see all the different reasons around the world folks have for instituting capital punishment? Some do still adhere to some of the OT reasons. while the authorities here in the US do not.

So who is correct? Either the authorities in the US have chosen to disobey GOD by not killing for the OT reasons or some of those Middle Eastern countries that still kill for adultery are correct?
    So which group has God ceded His authority to make the righteous decision every time?

And Scripture also shows that the sword ain't necessarily an instrument to death but punishment.

You know any people who stab their kids with swords? Taking the whole of Scripture, sword is used quite infrequently to signify death. Bloodlust just wants it to mean death.

5. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I didn't address this previously because it was silliness. So here's the answer: Let's pre-suppose that you're correct, and the New Testament indicates that God has taken the death penalty decision away from man. Which of those countries, adhering to OT law, recognize the New Testament?

Oh, so now I've got bloodlust? Thanks for knowing my heart.

6. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

I would imagine not too many. And again, you help to make the point for why God has not given the decision to decide life and death to folks who break the same law. it's IMPOSSIBLE for a sinful man to do so righteously and God is not contradicting Himself.

My apologies on the bloodlust comment. It was unwarranted.:1_grouphug:

7. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    God has delegated responsibilility to the government to render justice/punishment, and murder gets capital sentence!

Did God ordain capital punishing for brealing the law he gave isreal?

Now under new Covenant, so the ONLY one still in effect is that for mursder, as that was given before the Law!

was God OK to have law breakers killed under OT times then?

#47 Yeshua1, May 30, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 30, 2013