1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Did God change his mind?

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Tazman, Dec 4, 2005.

1. tamborine lady

tamborine lady Active Member

[​IMG]

Preacher posted this scripture:

Mat 22:37 Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.
    Mat 22:38 This is the first and great commandment.
    Mat 22:39 And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.
    Mat 22:40 On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.

These were the total Law in the mind of Christ,

Yes, that is true. If you think about it carefully, by keeping these 2 you are keeping all of the Ten Commandments. Including #4, Remember the Sabbath day and keep it Holy!!
    Ex 20-8 Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy.

Because the answer to the question posed on this thread is NO, God did not change His mind!!

Peace,

Tam

2. preacher

preacher New Member

I was gonna get to the original question, had something to take care of.
    I have to agree that He doesn't change His mind, though sometimes it does seem that way.
    what He does is to change us, & the way we look & percieve things. It sorta' goes along with another question often asked...does God forget? He can no more forget something than He could change. But He can choose not to remember something, like our sins! He can also choose to act in a way that on the outward seems to look like He's changed His mind, but he always ...ALWAYS stays true to His nature & His Word. That can never change!!

3. bmerr

bmerr New Member

Tam,

bmerr here. Please tell me you're not seeking to be justified by keeping the Mosaic law! don't you know you can't do that?

"But that no man is justified by the law in the sight of God, it is evident: for, The just shall live by faith. and the law is not of faith, but, The man that doeth them shall live in them. Christ hath redeemed us from the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is svery one that hangeth on a tree:" (Gal 3:11-13).

In Christ,

bmerr

4. tamborine lady

tamborine lady Active Member

[​IMG]

No Bmerr, I am doing no such thing.

I am saying, if you let the Holy Ghost lead you you will know the truth and do it naturally.

Do you kill? No

Do you lie? No

Do you have something you worship more than God? Hopefully not.

Do you commit adultery? etc.

Why don't we do these things?

Because we are following the 2 commandments given us by Jesus!

Mat 22:40 On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.

Peace,

Tam

5. ituttut

ituttut New Member

God is consistent in character, but can turn in another direction, and change His method/s, or agenda - Genesis 6:7. Yet His will be done for He knows the beginning from the end.

6. ituttut

ituttut New Member

We in the Body of Christ believe in His gospel from heaven, that gospel of the Cross that He revealed to Paul, and he gave it to be Paul’s gospel, just as He gave Moses the Law, and it became Moses’ law. Christian faith, ituttut

7. ituttut

ituttut New Member

His blood has been shed and today God is reconciling the world to Himself, of those who will.

II Corinthians 5:16-21, ”Wherefore henceforth know we no man after the flesh: yea, though we have known Christ after the flesh, yet now henceforth know we him no more.
    17. Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.
    18. And all things are of God, who hath reconciled us to himself by Jesus Christ, and hath given to us the ministry of reconciliation;
    19. To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.
    20. Now then we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God did beseech you by us: we pray you in Christ's stead, be ye reconciled to God.
    21. For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.”

8. ituttut

ituttut New Member

Respectfully disagree here wopik, if your meaning is we saved can be lost if we don't come in first.

We received the free gift. The runner is going for a prize, or reward and working very hard. This is not for salvation for if only One would be accepted, I’m sure Paul would be it, leaving us in the dust. We are born to good works, but even at that some of our works will surely be burned for many times we are doing it of self, or feel we must to gain acceptance, or say as James, "just look at how many works I have done". Christian faith, ituttut

9. ituttut

ituttut New Member

Hi Helen. I cannot find in His Word where we in the Body of Christ can ever be taken out, for we are sealed in by the Holy Spirit. We will stand before Him for rewards; Our salvation is not in question.

Our repentance is found in Him as we turn to Him to be taken by Him, circumcised and baptized without hands, being made righteous in Him. We are now part of Him. No way will Him cast us away, we in His Body, and one with Him.
    Christian faith, ituttut

10. ituttut

ituttut New Member

Revelation is not written for our benefit for we are with Jesus Christ when this is happening for we see these Jews are back under the Law, of which we of course are not. They are back under the “Ten Commandments”, and as the Pentecostal church they have the “testimony of Jesus Christ”.

Way past my bed time. Christian faith, ituttut

11. Robert J Hutton

Robert J Hutton New Member

In 1st Cor 9 v 27 Paul clearly felt that there was a danger that, after having preached to others he himself would be cast away. That would concur with the passage qouted at the beginning of this thread.

Kind regards to all.

Bob

12. Tazman

Tazman New Member

Bob, can you share a little more here of your thoughts here. Thanks

13. Tazman

Tazman New Member

God is consistent in character, but can turn in another direction, and change His method/s, or agenda - Genesis 6:7. Yet His will be done for He knows the beginning from the end. </font>[/QUOTE]Ituttut,
    Thanks for your reply. I agree that God is consistant in Character and purpose. I do not the God is telling Ezekiel anything different the Jesus teaches about those committed to him.

Care to respond?
    Did God Change?

14. Tazman

Tazman New Member

dispensation
    "An exemption from a church law, a vow, or another similar obligation granted in a particular case by an ecclesiastical authority."

We are not judge by the Mosaic law, true, however, we are judge by Gods Word. Jesus is clear in to John that the Churches, one of which John possibly lead, needed to repent or be rejected from Christ's body.

The 144,000 isn't until Jesus had spoken about scenes in Heaven and worship of God and the scoll of the lamb false teachers and such. Then chapter 7 comes regarding the 144,000. I don't think there is a connection between the churches of Christ and the 144,000.

Is it not true that Jesus would take before the Father those who have repented vs those who have not? Rev 3.

Did God Change?

15. ituttut

ituttut New Member

God is watching, and will cast us aside if we are “pooped out” from excess enjoyment in our carnality. We are too pooped to run. Our usefulness, and hurting the cause of Christ will take us from the race. Our rewards will greatly suffer. We can see this in persons such as the Jim Bakers, etc. If we are saved, we are saved forever.

Some Savior God is if He after all doesn’t think too much of His Only Begotten Son’s blood. Christian faith, ituttut

16. ituttut

ituttut New Member

God is consistent in character, but can turn in another direction, and change His method/s, or agenda - Genesis 6:7. Yet His will be done for He knows the beginning from the end. </font>[/QUOTE]Ituttut,
    Thanks for your reply. I agree that God is consistant in Character and purpose. I do not the God is telling Ezekiel anything different the Jesus teaches about those committed to him.

Care to respond?
    Did God Change?
    </font>[/QUOTE]If I understand you correctly, did God or Ezekiel tell you about the Body of Christ before Damascus Road? Who knew the Gentile could be in the Holy of Holies? Is this a change? It is for me a Gentile, but not for God. God knows the beginning from the end. God does not change. It is only His operations that change to bring about His purpose.

I can enlighten you further on this subject or others, if you wish. Christian faith, ituttut

17. ituttut

ituttut New Member

QUOTE]Originally posted by Tazman:
    dispensation
    "An exemption from a church law, a vow, or another similar obligation granted in a particular case by an ecclesiastical authority."

Hello again Tazman. Your quote of a man is by another man. Paul also quotes, but his from Christ in heaven, for Christ gave to Paul a “dispensational” gospel. Your quote is of an earthly “church”. Paul’s quote is from the heavenly “Church”.

We are not judge by the Mosaic law, true, however, we are judge by Gods Word. Jesus is clear in to John that the Churches, one of which John possibly lead, needed to repent or be rejected from Christ's body.

I do believe in repentance Taz, but not as shown in Acts 2:38. Those of the covenant had to “repent of their sins, and be baptized for the remission of their sins”. This was before Jesus shed His blood, which takes care of our sins. Our Baptism is without hands, and our repentance is found in Christ Jesus. We do repent when we turn to Him for our salvation for that is where our repentance is today. It was necessary in that day (dispensation) for the Jew to follow the first and second “great commission”, and the gospel of John the Baptist, for the “kingdom was at hand”.

The 144,000 isn't until Jesus had spoken about scenes in Heaven and worship of God and the scoll of the lamb false teachers and such. Then chapter 7 comes regarding the 144,000. I don't think there is a connection between the churches of Christ and the 144,000.

I agree the Christian has no connection with the 144,00, other than they believe God in their dispensation of God.

Is it not true that Jesus would take before the Father those who have repented vs those who have not? Rev 3.

Did God Change?
    [/QUOTE]

No. Only His operations. Colossians 2:12, ”Buried with him in baptism, wherein also ye are risen with him through the faith of the operation of God, who hath raised him from the dead.” We gotta’ have faith. God didn’t change anything. It just had not yet happened. It was always in His operational plan to bring about His purpose. Christian faith, ituttut

18. Tazman

Tazman New Member

ituttut,

You do understand what we are talking about here, don't you? OSAS. The errors of this doctrine not being based on sound biblical doctrine. Just to remind you, but I'm not sure if I follow your point, or better yet I don't even know what your point is. Maybe I'm slow. My wife can atest to that. Back to the point: God based rather a man lived or died on His devotion to a righteous life. Did God Change?

On something else you keep bringing up for whatever reason, again I don't understand it's importance, but Paul bringing the Gospel to the Gentiles. If I'm not mistaken, Philip was recorded converting and preaching to Samaritans before Paul was converted (Philip in Samaria
    4 Those who had been scattered preached the word wherever they went. 5Philip went down to a city in Samaria and proclaimed the Christ[a]there. Acts 8:6 When the crowds heard Philip and saw the miraculous signs he did, they all paid close attention to what he said. 7 With shrieks, evil spirits came out of many, and many paralytics and cripples were healed. 8 So there was great joy in that city.)
    If I also remember correctly didn't the death of Stephen take place before Saul was converted? And after Stephens death the desciples scattered preaching the word to Gentiles also (Acts 11:19 Now those who had been scattered by the persecution in connection with Stephen traveled as far as Phoenicia, Cyprus and Antioch, telling the message only to Jews. 20Some of them, however, men from Cyprus and Cyrene, went to Antioch and began to speak to Greeks also, telling them the good news about the Lord Jesus. 21The Lord's hand was with them, and a great number of people believed and turned to the Lord.

Help me to understand your point with Demascus?

19. ituttut

ituttut New Member

Acts 9 gives the story. Until Christ spoke and revealed to Saul/Paul what God hidden from the world since the beginning, no Gentle could ever have entered into the Temple. The Gentile was relegated to the role of a proselyte of the Jewish faith, and became as a Jew as to circumcision, and all the rest, but they were not the “children of God”. They were the salves of the Jews. Until we understand the gospel of Paul (Christ’s from heaven) the contradictions remain. Galatians 1:11-12, Romans 11:13, Romans 16:25; Ephesians 3, Galatians 1:6-9, and II Peter 3:15-16, needs to be read and studied. After noting the authority Paul had, and wisdom beyond the others, look at Galatians chapter 2 for a slow absorbing reading. This ties in with Acts 15.

This is a lot for a first sitting, but will be well worth your time in understanding Paul’s relationship with Christ Jesus. There was no greater sinner than Paul that persecuted Jesus Christ. Christian faith, ituttut

20. Robert J Hutton

Robert J Hutton New Member

I have been asked to share my thoughts concerning the link between the verse quoted at the start of this thread and 1st Cor 9 v 27; the verse from Ezekiel makes it clear that a godly person can fall away, Paul in 1st Cor 9 v 27 expresses the same concern viz. that after having preached to others he may yet fall away. How we need to be on our guard and daily seek for God's grace lest after having lived godly lives and witnessed faithfully we should be cast away at the end because of habitual sin.

Kind regards to all.

Bob