1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Did God elect and predestine your children?

Discussion in '2005 Archive' started by Ben Elohim, Feb 26, 2005.

1. Monergist

Monergist New Member

Of course you have to recognize that God elected to destroy them rather than give them further opportunity to repent.

...More problems for a mixed up system that insists that God, if He is to be loving, owes everybody the same fair chance and can never- no never- impose His will on anyone. (Unless its to "soften" them a bit so they will be a better husband... :rolleyes: )

2. ILUVLIGHT

ILUVLIGHT Guest

Hi Dianetavegia;
    God may have been mad but, not over the creation of man. Instead, over His creation of Satan and his fallen angles. I have no doubt that God's plan at that time was a good one but as usual sin comes along and messes things up. Your right Calvinism does blame God for there sin. They claim He's the author of it.
    May Christ Shimne His Light On Us all;
    Mike [​IMG]

3. ILUVLIGHT

ILUVLIGHT Guest

Hi Monergist;
    For all we know God could have given them many warnings that they didn't heed. However there destruction I believe had more to do the with the inpurity of mans blood line than man's sin. A lot of them were half angel and half man. IOW's God destroyed them because they were no longer just men but more than intended. Our God likness was no longer. Men had also become like the angels.

Noah's righteousness could have been that him and his family hadn't been mixed with the angels

May Christ Shine His Light On Us All;
    Mike [​IMG]

4. Wes Outwest

Wes Outwest New Member

But how does that work if there was no law? How can sin be identified without there first being a law that there is any sin to identify? The wages of sin is death and only the wages of sin is death. People died in the flood they had been judged by the law while they had the gospel preached to them.
    The Ark is Jesus. The whole family was in Jesus. Judgement Day typed. All in Christ are kept safe from the storm to come. Hell for those outside the Ark.</font>[/QUOTE]That's the whole point, before the law there was no standard by which man was Judged, except for FAITH! Same thing applies today for the Born again Christian!

Sin's penalty has been removed from ALL of man by Jesus' atonement. Though the law still stands, the penalty for breaking the law cannot be assessed against man. So it comes down to FAITH ALONE vs LACK OF FAITH! And YES, if you lack faith in Jesus, you still wear your sins like a filthy garment, and you will die "in your sins". However the one with faith in Jesus has everlasting life and will not die!

Yes, DEEDS which include sins, will be tested as if by fire, but the one whose deeds are so tested comes through as if surviving a fire! Have you ever lost everything you possessed to a fire? Ponder how you would feel if you did!

Then understand that was not the final test, you still have to face God with your flimsy excuses for NOT HAVING FAITH in Him or His Son, or even on His Son's name. You have no defense, and you will be cast into the lake of fire, the second death.

Meanwhile, those who have faith, even in the name of Jesus, will pass from death into life everlasting, not facing that final judgment because their names are written in the book of Life.

5. johnp.

johnp. New Member

Wes.

This is a change in your position?

I have faith and so I have everlasting life. This is my belief.

johnp.

6. Wes Outwest

Wes Outwest New Member

This is a change in your position?

I have faith and so I have everlasting life. This is my belief.

johnp.
    </font>[/QUOTE]No change in my position! You simply rushed to judgment regarding my position! All sin is paid for! The one who continues to sin, that is, who lacks repentance, demonstrates their faith is not in the Christ! Therefore they wear their sins unto death, but it is not the sins that take them to their death it is their faith condition of which the sins are merely a symptom.

7. johnp.

johnp. New Member

Wes.

You are the one to rush to judgement all I did was ask a question. :cool:
    The LORD Almighty has revealed this in my hearing: "Till your dying day this sin will not be atoned for," says the Lord, the LORD Almighty.

johnp.