1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Did God use Evolutionary process to create Adam/Eve?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Yeshua1, Jan 24, 2014.

1. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    According to YECers God was busy for the past 6 days creating the universe. The Bible said God "made coats of skin" as coverings. Why wouldn't He simply create these skins as well?

As to death in the garden before sin the only thing I can say for sure is that there was no human death. Besides, dinosaur fossils are found all over the world, and not in the area of the garden of Eden.

2. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    well, there were some of them on the Ark, correct?

3. thisnumbersdisconnected

Because it foretold of the blood sacrifice God was to require for atonement. Adam and Eve had sinned. Blood was spilled to "cover" them in their shame. That would one day be reflected in the Law.
    I'd say that's profoundly irrelevant. Perhaps there are no fossils of any kind around the approximate location of the Garden. Who knows for sure?

4. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Do see God killing off animals, as a type of blood shed to be a 'covering" for Adam?Eve, as foreshadowing the one to come whose blood shed would remit/cover sins!

Do you see manking comtemparies with some kind of dinosaurs?

5. Archie the Preacher

Just as one of those technical details...

So what was the Tree of Life doing there? Seriously, if there was no death, why was there a Tree of Life?

As I recall, God told Adam (Genesis 2:17) "But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die." Did Adam and Eve die that day? They didn't die in the physical sense, did they? They died in the spiritual sense, surely.

Also consider John 3:16 "For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." Do all saved people life forever? Or does this refer to the glorious, spiritual body we are promised? We do not live 'everlastingly' in our mortal bodies.

I think the passing from mortal body into imperishable body was always part of the plan; and I'm sure animals and plant life died as well. It is part of the life function. However, when man sinned was when death took on a scary feeling. Prior to the Fall, death was more like 'graduation'.

Thoughts?

6. Archie the Preacher

Flag on the play...

Flag on the play!

To the best of my knowledge, the Garden of Eden has not be positively and unquestionably located and identified. So the statement as made is not defensible.

Or did I miss a discovery? Pray enlighten me.

7. Archie the Preacher

Back to Yeshua

This 'animal skin clothing' was a foreshadowing of he Mosaic Law and sacrifices, which was a foreshadowing of the ultimate sacrifice of Jesus.
    I'm reading those words as 'mankind' and 'contemporaries'; if so, not by some period of time. Man did not exist in the same time frame as dinosaurs - at least not the big, huge movie star type dinosaurs.

The current thought is modern birds are what is left of the dinosaurs, so 'sort of'.

8. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

The highest concentration of crude oil is in the middle east. That may or may not explain the lack of fossils found. A global flood being another reason.

#48 webdog, Jan 28, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 28, 2014
  9. quantumfaith

quantumfaith Active Member

I think the presence of the Tree of Life is an interesting feature to suggest that humanity was not created with indefinite life spans.

I also think that the death indicated, to result from the fall was not physical death, but spiritual death and separation from our God.

I certainly think death (and entropy) existed prior to the event that we know as the Fall, but of course, that is not difficult for one who does not have a problem with evolution being "in the mix".

I would find it extremely surprising if anyone would attempt to legitimately suggest that they have discovered the "garden".

10. Squire Robertsson

Squire Robertsson Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    No, you get into trouble with the Fall with evolution.

11. quantumfaith

How? (not being snarky)

12. thisnumbersdisconnected

Consider that no one ever died in Christ's presence. If the world was perfect as He is -- and I believe it was -- before the Fall, it isn't likely that physical death existed before the Fall.

13. quantumfaith

This number: Although I cannot say precisely why, but, I don't associate physical death with imperfection. Also, God said of His creation that "it was good". Does that mean perfect, as we think of it?

14. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    well, the tree of life did not mean there was physical death in creation, for God told them they would surely did, and they both did, as they started to physically age, had limited lifespans now, and spiritually died!

And the curse came upon all creation, so death and sin enetered in that time!

and there have been historical accounts of humans and dinosaurs, as Alexander the great meant sometime like flying dragons in india, and marco polo recorde down ;arge lizards like dinoaurs while in China!

Not to mention several sightings of something like them around world, like in Congo basin/Amazon forest!

Alligators/turtles/crocidiles all survived, why not some Dinosaurs? taht is assuming one does not buy into "millions of years ago they lived" theory!

15. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    ALL of crreation was cursed under bondage by God due to the Fall, so wouldn't death had started then?

16. Archie the Preacher

Disconnect -

Unwrap that claim a little, please. Do you mean 'presence' in the sense of 'eyesight and earshot', or 'presence on Earth'? I find that claim somewhat questionable.
    I think you are fudging the meaning of God's editorial comment that it "... was very good."

Humans were created in God's image, but not an absolute and total perfect copy. In similar fashion, Earth was finished and exactly like God intended, but that doesn't mean it was self-sustaining forever.

17. Archie the Preacher

Yesh

I'll agree with that, but now you're not reading the Bible literally. Not to mention you are agreeing with my argument.

18. quantumfaith

19. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    adam was perfect in all his ways as created by god, no sickness/illness, walked with God in a perfect realtionship state, so IF he had not disobeyed God, would still have been physically alive today walking around here!

20. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    thanks!
    read thru the 14 pages of the paper, and would have to sday that while the author is trying his very best to reconcile assumed scientific facts with bible, it still comes down to that he would rather agree with evolution than scriptures!

he cannot see genesis as intended to be in aliteral fashion, nor adam as messaery to be a historical figure, but problem is that Jesus himself saw BOTH as being true, so the author is still saying assumed science trumps inspired word of God!