1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Did Hugo Chavez FEAR Death?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by righteousdude2, Mar 7, 2013.

?
  1. It appeared that he did?

2 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. No...

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. That was a natural reaction...

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. This was a definite sign of his not knowing Jesus???

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. No opinion...

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. No man [or woman] can wait until tomorrow to accept Jesus!

1 vote(s)
    50.0%
  7. I can't say that I wouldn't react the say way, and I know Jesus...

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. See my comments on this poll!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It certainly appears that South American bully was afraid to die, as he begged those around to not let him die.

His death, and his last words are ironic in a way, as it should go a long way in showing that even the most powerful, influential of men or women, can't order, buy or talk their way out of death.

I don't pretend to know his status when it came to God, but it would appear that he was not spiritually ready to meet God. The Bible clearly tells us that today is the day of salvation. We do not know what tomorrow will hold, so we can't gamble that we can live like we want today and come to Jesus on our death bed.

After sharing Jesus with my dad, he politely told me that while appreciated my taking the time to share the Gospel, he would accept Jesus on his death bed. Ironically, in less than a week, he had a massive heart attack, and came within a heartbeat of death.

After several days in a medically induced coma, he was awakened, and you gotta know who was standing there with a "Peace with God" book [by Rev. Billy Graham]? If you guessed me, you get a gold star!

As he looked up at me, I said, "Dad, don't say a word! Just nod yes or no to my question. When you lost consciousness the other night, could you have asked Jesus to come into your heart?" He had only been conscious for a half-hour or so, so he appeared somewhat fuzzy still, after a brief delay, he nodded no! I then asked, "Remember last Saturday morning when you said you'd ask Jesus to be your Savior on your death bed?" And again, he nodded no!

With that said, I handed him the book by Graham and said since you'll be in the hospital another week or so, take your time and read this. Well, he did, and he accepted Jesus, started attending a SBC church in West Covina, and patiently got my mom going there too, and after she accepted Jesus [a few months after he did] they were both baptised, and I got to witness it.

I regard to my dad; his massive heart attack ended with another chance, and he used it to ask Jesus to be his savior and lead my mom [a devout Catholic] to Jesus, too!

As for President Hugo....Well, all I can say is, "Too bad....so [very] sad!" :tear::tear::tear:

SEE: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/...d10|htmlws-main-bb|dl22|sec1_lnk3&pLid=279950

#1 righteousdude2, Mar 7, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 7, 2013
  2. HAMel

HAMel Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    rd2, long after my father survived WW II and Korea he finally came to accept Jesus as his Savior. His attitude was like so many in that he would ask scornfully, "If there is a God why is there war"? Well, that's all settled now.

As for your parents..., good for them! Certainly a joy to you, I'm sure.

As for Hugo..., one can assume he's come full circle to his wayward life. I've wondered about the shock of those human bombs in the Middle East working their terror in the name of allah expecting a glorious afterlife. (No, I won't capitalize allah.) After the rich man died he instantly opened his eyes being in torment. Wow...! That's gotta be a shocker, for sure. :tonofbricks:

There's too much at stake to discount away our Lord. :jesus:

3. salzer mtn

salzer mtn Well-Known Member

I heard when John Wayne was on his death bed he was begging his family to pray for him and was fearing death too.

4. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    A person can have no fear of death and still not want to die. Right?

5. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    When you are lost and evil you have nothing but fear of death.