1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Did humans Co existwith the Dinosaurs, and Did Flood wipe them out?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Yeshua1, Feb 11, 2014.

1. percho

percho Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    From the article.

Could physical death be part of God’s original plan?

And the answer is without a doubt, Yes!

the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world. Rev 13:8
    But with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot: Who verily was foreordained before the foundation of the world,

What blood? For the life of the flesh is in the blood: and I have given it to you upon the altar to make an atonement for your souls: for it is the blood that maketh an atonement for the soul. Lev 17:11

The blood wherein lies the spirit from God that gives life to the soul, the flesh made from the ground with the life thereof.

That is how Adam was created. Flesh and blood. That is how the Christ came. see 1 John 4:2,3 and 1 John 5:6 subject to death and corruption, see, Romans 6:9 Acts 13:34 Jesus the Christ had to be given the sure mercies of David. This verse applied to Jesus the Christ. Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption. 1 Cor 15:50 Jesus is the heir of God. Hebrews 1:2 Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he> (the Father of the Son, God) hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;
    We are joint heirs with him.

If Jesus has not inherited then neither will we inherit.

If Jesus has not been given life from the dead, to dieth no more; (therefore eternal life, that is) death hath no more dominion over him. Rom 6:9 then we also have no hope, for that life came to Jesus through being raised from the dead: Rom 6:9 Knowing that Christ being raised from the dead, dieth no more. 1 Cor 15:17 And if Christ be not raised, your faith vain; ye are yet in your sins.

The very purpose of Gen. 1:3-31 was to destroy death and him that had the power of death.

Gen 1:2 And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. Death was already present on the earth.

Forasmuch then as the children are partakers of flesh and blood, he also himself likewise took part of the same; that through death he might destroy him that had the power of death, that is, the devil; Hebrews 2:14

God was going to use something that already was to destroy what was already.

I would like at least 5 Amen's because if that is not what the word of God says I might as well just throw away my bible.

2. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    We do not know that there was death before the fall because the Bible does not tell us that. And conclusion otherwise simply relies on faulty and manmade science. Not a good source.

There was no death before the fall, God created all things in just 6 days as scripture makes clear. Genesis is by and large a narrative to be understood as a historical account. It is to be taken at face value and understood that all peoples in it lived exactly as scripture say. Let God be true and everyone else a liar.

3. thisnumbersdisconnected

Where's the cotton-pickin' "Like" button???

4. Jedi Knight

Jedi Knight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

:thumbs::thumbs:Two likes for Revmitchell's post!

#44 Jedi Knight, Feb 14, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 14, 2014
  5. quantumfaith

quantumfaith Active Member

Jedi, you are going to have to sending me royalty checks. :)

What we need is a "I like YOU button....but I don't agree."

6. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    if you take a literal, consistent approach to Genesis though, and what Jesus and paul themelves stated, then?

7. Judith

Judith Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I had to do some research on the second part of your question and the answer is yes.
    The word dinosaur traces its origins to the Greek words deinos, meaning "terrible" or "fearfully great," and sauros, meaning "lizard."

We have lizards like a gecko which would not fit that description and we have lizards like the komodo dragon which does so yes there are still dinosaurs today.

8. quantumfaith

http://dinosaurs.about.com/od/dinosaurbasics/a/definition.htm

9. Jedi Knight

Jedi Knight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

The Elephant in the room is pretty clear ..... Natural vs SUPERnatural. Guess which side the literal interpretation falls on.

10. percho

percho Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    2 - 0 shucks!

11. percho

percho Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Would you care to show where my post 41 is out of context or just not correct.

12. Winman

Winman Active Member

I believe dinosaurs lived with man AFTER the flood. Hundreds of civilizations have all described huge reptiles commonly known as dragons. Ancient artwork shows dinosaurs.

[​IMG]

The Ica Stones are very interesting, thousands of stones showing man with dinosaurs.

http://www.creationliberty.com/articles/icastones.php

Some say these stones are fake, but I believe they are real.

We all have heard stories of brave knights going out and killing dragons, and I believe this is what happened to most dinosaurs, they were killed off by man for food, and because they were dangerous.

13. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

I believe in the young earth age and dinosaurs. So, they had to be here together. Now, whether they were destroyed by the flood, I have no clue. But this billions /millions years ago stuff I don't agree with....earth age that is.

14. nodak

nodak Active Member
    Site Supporter

I'm old earth but creationist, not evolutionist (macro that is. Clearly within kinds there has been micro evolution.)

As to death before the fall? Some sort of it as natural cycle and good, yes. Otherwise no need for the tree of life and Adam and Eve would have had no clue what God meant when He warned them death would follow eating from the tree of knowledge of good and evil. Since they did not literally die the very day they ate, the death of the curse must be spiritual death.

As to dinosaurs coexisting with humans? I suspect someday science will confirm humans from very close to the creation (not evolution) of all animal life, so yes, coexistence. I also think dinosaurs account for dragon legends.

15. TCassidy

TCassidy Late-Administator Emeritus
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    It is entirely possible the ice epoch which resulted from a possibly substantial drop in atmospheric pressure due to the collapse of the vapor canopy killed the larger animals who were less able to adapt. (Pressure drop = temperature drop.)

There may still be descendants of aquatic dinosaurs in the uncharted depths of the ocean, but I doubt it. :)

16. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

You got it right. That is me and my pet out for a stroll!

17. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

Actually, that's Sissy AmyG's pet she had when she was a wittle girl. Brother OR was a gentlemen and took it for a walk. :love2: :tongue3:

18. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

There was apparently a sudden and significant drop in temperature in certain regions of the earth at one time, evidenced by the vegetation found in the bellies of mammoths in Siberia. I have speculated that when God brought the flood He may have caused the axis if the earth to tilt relative to the sun. That and the collapse of a possible vapor barrier could cause sudden changes in temperature. That could have possibly caused the upheavals mentioned in Scripture.

19. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Could the drastic differenses in climite/pressure/temperature etc caused the animals to drop greatly in expected longivity, so Dinosaurs could have been pretty much nomal reptiles with extreme life spans and growth?

20. quantumfaith

Remember now, when you enter the domain of science, proposing exciting and wonderful hypotheses is expected, but then in order to establish validity, one must begin to examine and provide evidences to support the ideas. Application of methodology.