1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Did Jesus die only for the Israelites? Please Help on this! Please Read!

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by TaliOrlando, Nov 12, 2008.

1. TaliOrlando

TaliOrlando New Member

There is a movement that my friend is involved with, its more of a black type of movement where they believe only the true israelites will be saved because Jesus only died for them and that the black race is the true israelites. Also, saying that they are from the Tribe of Judah :BangHead:

This person is constantly emailing me about how Jesus only died for the Israelites and not the Gentiles.....

How would you scripturally answer this person and also impose questions what will make him think twice about this...? I need your help! Please! :praying:

2. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Romans 3:29-30 "Is God the God of Jews only? Is he not the God of Gentiles too? Yes, of Gentiles too, 30since there is only one God, who will justify the circumcised by faith and the uncircumcised through that same faith. "

Romans 9:24 "even us, whom he also called, not only from the Jews but also from the Gentiles?"

Galatians 2:7-9 "On the contrary, they saw that I had been entrusted with the task of preaching the gospel to the Gentiles, just as Peter had been to the Jews. For God, who was at work in the ministry of Peter as an apostle to the Jews, was also at work in my ministry as an apostle to the Gentiles. James, Peter and John, those reputed to be pillars, gave me and Barnabas the right hand of fellowship when they recognized the grace given to me. They agreed that we should go to the Gentiles, and they to the Jews. "

3. TaliOrlando

TaliOrlando New Member

WOW... PRAISE GOD... THANK YOU SO MUCH! :)

TALI

4. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

Tali, it sounds like your friend might be involved with or being influenced by one of the cults that obsess over the 12 tribes of Israel. In many of these groups, they deny the deity of Christ. I would ask your friend how he views Jesus.

5. TaliOrlando

TaliOrlando New Member

I checked out some stuff and its called the Rastafari Movement, do you know anything about it..?

I asked him if he believes that Jesus died on that cross for his sins and his salvation and he said yes.... but he just feels that he died on for the israelites who in reality are blacks spreaded all over the world... There are many who have this view... dont know why but its so sad

6. Thinkingstuff

Thinkingstuff Active Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    They smoke a lot of Marajuana as a religious symbol. It was started in Ethiopia and migrated to the Carribian. Bob Marley was involved. Thats about all I know.

7. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

Rastafarians? Yes, I know about them! I knew some when I was in the New Age! They started in Jamaica and there are two main types of Rastafarians. The first type is very into the OT. The 2nd group is New Agey. One or both groups believe that Haile Selassie (former head of Ethiopia, now deceased) is the Savior.

I am not sure you are asking the right question. Many cultists will say that Jesus died on the cross for sins; this does not mean they believe in the deity of Jesus (even JWs say this). You have to ask, "Is Jesus God the Son?" and if they believe in the Trinity. Even if they believe in the deity of Christ, they consider others to be "divine" as well.

Here are some links. I strongly suggest you read these. It will help you.

These 2 links give nice, brief overviews:
    http://altreligion.about.com/od/rastafarian/p/Rastafaq.htm

http://www.religionfacts.com/a-z-religion-index/rastafarianism.htm

This is a profile of Rastafarianism from a Christian ministry that deals with cults:
    http://www.watchman.org/prOfile/rastapro.htm
    Excerpt____Rastafarians have a doctrine of avatar which is very similar to Hinduism. They believe, "God revealed himself in the person of Moses, who was the first avatar or savior. The second avatar was Elijah. The Third avatar was Jesus Christ. Now the advent of Ras Tafari is the climax of God's revelation" (The Rastafarians, p. 112). They even teach that Jesus predicted the coming of Haile Selassie (Ibid, p. 106)._______end excerpt

8. TaliOrlando

TaliOrlando New Member

Wow... THANK YOU FOR THIS INFORMATION and ADVICE....