1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Did Jesus do away with the Sabbath?

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Claudia_T, May 10, 2006.

1. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Gerhard Ebersoehn Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Yes, and no, Wopik, because the CHURCH by then already had departed from the TRUTH and started to serve strange gods, clearly seen in Justin's pleas for Sunday worship - last half of the first century.

The change from Sabbath to Sunday BEGAN in the Church, and BEGAN, by manipulating the SCRIPTURES, and BEGAN, by 'changing times and law' in changing the day upon which Christ rose from the dead from the Sabbath to Sunday.

If only this of all my posts, keep it it safe and handy, for it explains what is important, FULLY.

2. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Claudia,

If you're still on line NOW, why have you stopped answering my DIRECT references to Scripture in every of the current threads we're on?

3. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    ... wopik ... last half of the SECOND century ... of course, sorry!

4. Michaeneu

Michaeneu Member
    Site Supporter

Gerhard, I never made an issue concerning the name—you have! Consequently, if anyone is a legalist here that would be you.
    Insisting that only the one pronunciation of the English language can get one to heaven is exactly in the nature of legalism. The Spanish pronounce the name “hey’ sus” so according to your legalism they aren’t going to get to heaven; that’s legalism.

During the time of the first advent the indigenous people of the Middle East pronounce the name “Ye’ shua” so according to your legalism they aren’t going to get to heaven; that’s legalism.

Your’s is a great deal of the pot calling the kettle black.

Moreover, you owe me an apology for bearing false witness against me by writing that I don’t believe in the Divinity of Yahshua, the only begotten Son of the Father. Since I wholeheartedly believe in the Divinity of Yahshua then you bore false witness and you need to repent.

This is a serious offence and I will not let it go because it reflects upon my reputation and character. I will not allow individuals to falsely accuse me of such notions and I will bring this to the attention of the moderators if you don’t retract your false accusation.

Further, I never made any statement that could be construed that I believe in the works of the law above grace. Your zealousness does not give you license to write things that are not true about people you know little about, Sir.

In Yahshua
    Michael

5. Claudia_T

Claudia_T New Member

Without having opened it, yes, a good Unitarian article if the one I had had under scrutiny some time ago. To me it's quite funny how the SDA's and the Unitarians mate up when the Sabbath-issue comes up. Then both find the Jews so exemplary. </font>[/QUOTE]Gerhard,

I didnt even think there was an ARTICLE there?

It is a line of dates and records about people throughout the centuries who have kept the Sabbath

6. Claudia_T

Claudia_T New Member

Gerhard,

I have lost track of everything. You could always just start up a new thread altogether about the Sabbath and ask me whatever you want and I will answer. As long as I can understand what you are trying to say, at least.

Claudia

7. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Gerhard, I never made an issue concerning the name—you have! Consequently, if anyone is a legalist here that would be you.
    Insisting that only the one pronunciation of the English language can get one to heaven is exactly in the nature of legalism. The Spanish pronounce the name “hey’ sus” so according to your legalism they aren’t going to get to heaven; that’s legalism.

During the time of the first advent the indigenous people of the Middle East pronounce the name “Ye’ shua” so according to your legalism they aren’t going to get to heaven; that’s legalism.

Your’s is a great deal of the pot calling the kettle black.

Moreover, you owe me an apology for bearing false witness against me by writing that I don’t believe in the Divinity of Yahshua, the only begotten Son of the Father. Since I wholeheartedly believe in the Divinity of Yahshua then you bore false witness and you need to repent.

This is a serious offence and I will not let it go because it reflects upon my reputation and character. I will not allow individuals to falsely accuse me of such notions and I will bring this to the attention of the moderators if you don’t retract your false accusation.

Further, I never made any statement that could be construed that I believe in the works of the law above grace. Your zealousness does not give you license to write things that are not true about people you know little about, Sir.

In Yahshua
    Michael
    </font>[/QUOTE]My sincerest apologies and asking for forgiveness, unconditionally!

May I explain: There was a time in my life a very dear friend of mine with the most amazing knowledge of the Scriptures - a rolemodel and hero to me - succeeded to bring me into some short-lived enthusiasm for the 'Name'-movement here in SA. Strange, I should have known better, because this wonderful man never believed otherwise than Christ the LORD and God of his life! Nevertheless, he associated with this 'Name'-movement that thoroughly was Unitarian, and I have scarcely known anyone else of them who was not Unitarian. So I -wrongly it now seems- came to associated Unitarianism with people who use the transcribed Hebrew Names of God.
    While I was under the spell of this enthusiasm I never fellt comfortable or free in worship, and had to strain at every reference to God or mention of 'The Name', until eventually I was relieved of it. You cannot imagine the freedom and calm that resulted.

So I again ask your pardon, and you are able to serve and worship our Lord Jesus like one saved by him from every fetter, may God be with you therein.

Yet I stand on the principle that it is NO TRANSGRESSION OF THE LAW to use the Name of the LORD GOD and JESUS CHRIST in the accepted, and usual way or pronunciation or spelling of it in any language, for that is or would be crass legalism.

8. Michaeneu

Michaeneu Member
    Site Supporter

Apology accepted Gerhard, without resentments of any kind. And I believe as you; there is no transgression of the law in using Jesus, for the Creator knows in whom one puts their trust. And not everyone that uses the Hebrew transliterations condescends the use of other translations. Peace to you and yours.

Michael