1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Did Jesus experience "hell Upon the Cross?"

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Yeshua1, Jul 24, 2012.

1. psalms109:31

psalms109:31 Active Member

Sabbath is on Saturday and it says it was a day before the Sabbath, now it isn't it is determined by the moon?

So the Sabbath can fall on any day during the 15th day of Nisan or the preparation day?

I will not go against any scripture, so what matters is that He is risen. I will not argue the scriptures. This is all new to me, I have always believe Saturday was the Sabbath. I will talk to my my friend Monday, who is a Messianic Jew.

Mark 15 :
    The Burial of Jesus

42 It was Preparation Day (that is, the day before the Sabbath)...

Luke 23 :
    54 It was Preparation Day, and the Sabbath was about to begin.

John 19 :
    31 Now it was the day of Preparation, and the next day was to be a special Sabbath...

#61 psalms109:31, Jul 29, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 29, 2012
  2. percho

percho Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well said. And I do not mean to be argumentative. Let us know what he says.

Thanks

3. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

Until you read the hole article you cannot respond properly.
    Until you read the article;
    You speak very foolishly. You have not read the article and you claim it wrong by saying what it does not say. The Lord speaks to you about this;
    Pro. 18:2
    A fool hath no delight in understanding, but that his heart may discover itself.

4. psalms109:31

I wasn't trying to say you are arguing with me, but i don't want to turn it into an argument over the scripture quarreling over words ruins the listener.

The article seems to be saying there is two Sabbath's?

That the above is a ""special Sabbath""and then the bottom a seventh day Sabbath.

I will let you know what he says after he lets me know

#64 psalms109:31, Jul 29, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 29, 2012
  5. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

There are two Sabbaths in the week in question. While every Saturday was the Sabbath Not every Sabbath was on a Saturday. There is the Sabbath (saturday) and there is also Sabbath days, weeks and even sabbath year. http://www.ldolphin.org/sabbath.html The problem is that most Christians, including Pastors, do not study their bible to know this. The writer of that article is a messianic Jewish scholar.

Look at Luke 6:1,2
    And it came to pass on the second sabbath after the first, that he went through the corn fields; and his disciples plucked the ears of corn, and did eat, rubbing [them] in [their] hands.
    And certain of the Pharisees said unto them, Why do ye that which is not lawful to do on the sabbath days?

Notice it says the second Sabbath. Also it says the Sabbath days not the sabbath.

(Exodus 12:16-17).
    And in the first day [there shall be] an holy convocation, and in the seventh day there shall be an holy convocation to you; no manner of work shall be done in them, save [that] which every man must eat, that only may be done of you. And ye shall observe [the feast of] unleavened bread; for in this selfsameday have I brought your armies out of the land of Egypt: therefore shall ye observe this day in your generations by an ordinance for ever"

The point to notice here is this: The 15th day of the 1st month was to be a Holy Day, an annual Sabbath. Not every 15th day of the 1st month was on Saturday.
    http://www.rapturechrist.com/twosabbaths.htm

#65 freeatlast, Jul 30, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 30, 2012
  6. percho

percho Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Free,

Have you ever wondered why there are two and or three if the weekly sabbath is counted days during the feast of unleavened bread?

You can see my thoughts on that in post 213 of thread, "The Parenthesis Church."

I don't think I have ever seen this addressed before. Why one on the 15th and then another on the 21st?

I also think this is the second after the first of that Luke passage.

7. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

The concept is very difficult because of tradition. The church has lost so much of the early Jewish understanding gotten from the OT that parts of the bible are interpreted incorrectly.

8. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    care to share what some of those "incorrect views' are?

9. psalms109:31

The way it seems you wouldn't like his answer, especially about the writer of these other Sabbath. To avoid argument i think it is best i do not. He did want the web site and said he will get back to me. I would think if this is a messianic Jewish scholar that this teaching would be in mainstream messianic Jew belief system.

I think that if Jewish would make every holiday a Sabbath, that would differently put a weight most can't carry. If I was a Pharisee or Scribe it would be easy to keep, but regular people who have sheep to care for, fences to mend and work to make a living it would be difficult. To me going beyond the 7th day Sabbath would be adding more than what God ask for.

I think I need to back of this when you have to juggle around Sabbaths to make it work.

#69 psalms109:31, Jul 30, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 30, 2012