1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Did Jesus have long hair?

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by xdisciplex, Dec 1, 2006.

1. gekko

gekko New Member

lol. that is quite funny. thanks for the laugh. =p

2. xdisciplex

xdisciplex New Member

Where do you know this? Who says it was only a temporary problem? If it wasn't a big deal why is it in the bible?

3. xdisciplex

xdisciplex New Member

Yes, this is definitely what I would call long.
    Get a pot and simply cut everything which is beneath it. :smilewinkgrin:

4. gekko

gekko New Member

long for you - not long for me.

all personal preference. and different perspectives on what the defenition of 'long hair' is.

it doesn't matter.

Jesus didn't have long hair - and he wasn't skinny either. he had muscles - jeepers - he was a carpenter after all!

5. Rufus_1611

Rufus_1611 New Member

There is no scriptural instance that provides a definition of long hair. It is not law that teaches us what is too long but nature itself thus, if we are being honest with ourselves, it should be self-evident.

The questions are really for you. Do you believe the Bible when it states that nature itself teaches that it is a shame for a man to wear long hair?

If yes, then you next need to determine whether or not nature itself is teaching you that your hair is too long.

6. xdisciplex

xdisciplex New Member

Who said that Jesus was skinny? I hope he wasn't skinny.

7. gekko

gekko New Member

ok. nature teaches me jack all. its GOD who teaches. doh!

how does nature teach me whether or not my hair is too long? when it gets stuck in tree branches when i'm climbin a tree?

8. tragic_pizza

tragic_pizza New Member

You trip over it and bust your nose, duh.

:tongue3:

9. Rufus_1611

Rufus_1611 New Member

You may want to ask Absalom about that.

10. xdisciplex

xdisciplex New Member

good question :confused:

11. tragic_pizza

tragic_pizza New Member

And an unanswerable one.

12. Rufus_1611

Rufus_1611 New Member

It's the inspired words of God that tell you...

"Doth not even nature itself teach you, that, if a man have long hair, it is a shame unto him?" - 1 Corinthians 11:14

13. tragic_pizza

tragic_pizza New Member

To which, were it not a rhetorical question, I'd have to answer, "well, no."

14. Tom Butler

Tom Butler New Member

Why Jim, he parted it in the middle. Haven't you see the pictures?

15. Radidio

Radidio New Member

So then everything in the Bible is law. What happened to the Gospel? Remember God's grace and mercy; all that good stuff?

16. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Gerhard Ebersoehn Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian

GE:
    Isaiah prophesied the Messiah wouldn't be good-looking. The pictures of Him with such fine features are idolatrous. He emptied Himself of everything vain in order to suffer for sins ... out sins. It's a grave matter for anyone with a sense of his own depravity and need of Divine condescending to reach down to his own depths of lostness. So, if Jesus had long hair -- which I don't doubt He had -- it isn't for us to make a fashion of; rather the opposite; not for us to imitate. That may be what Paul meant when he said 'nature' teaches us -- the Gospel naturally, I think he had in mind.

17. xdisciplex

xdisciplex New Member

Are you saying Jesus is ugly? Because if he was not good looking before he died then he also isn't good looking now because if his face totally changed nobody would have recognized him and this would mean that Jesus, as he is now, is ugly and I cannot imagine this. Why should he have been born ugly?
    I rather think Isaiah means that when he was crucified he didn't look good anymore which is understandable.

18. Rufus_1611

Rufus_1611 New Member

The Gospel remains and we are not saved by following the law. However, we should not be negligent and rebellious toward's the Word of God. Notice what Paul says at the beginning of the chapter...

"Now I praise you, brethren, that ye remember me in all things, and keep the ordinances, as I delivered them to you. " - 1 Corinthians 11:2

19. Rufus_1611

Rufus_1611 New Member

No one said anything about Him being "ugly" until you used the term 3 times in the same post. The lack of beauty does not equal ugly.

"For he shall grow up before him as a tender plant, and as a root out of a dry ground: he hath no form nor comeliness; and when we shall see him, there is no beauty that we should desire him. " - Isaiah 53:2

20. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Gerhard Ebersoehn Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    GE:
    It is said of Servant of God, whether we like it or not, that men didn't like even to look at Him -- not only while on the cross. He in any case wore our sin all His life; not only when dying. Yea, He died the death that reconciled us with God from the moment He was conceived in the womb of Mary until the pangs of death were undone in His resurrection ... "FROM THE DEAD"!
    He rose, glorified -- in every respect.