1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Did Jesus "Spititual Die"While On The Cross?

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by JesusFan, May 2, 2011.

1. Winman

Winman Active Member

Van, it is a little difficult for me to understand what you are saying, but you should know I do not believe in Limited Atonement whatsoever. I believe Jesus bought ALL MEN.

I have to go to bed, but I will read again tomorrow. Perhaps you can explain better. All I know is that the scriptures say the sins of all men were laid on Jesus, that he bare our iniquities.

2. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hi Winman, sounds great to me. Study it, pray about it, and seek the counsel of other Christians.

Isaiah 53:6 says (NASB) "We all, like sheep, have gone astray, each of us has turned to our own way;
    and the LORD has laid on him the iniquity of us all."
    Note that this is consistent with becoming the propitiation of the whole world.
    Nothing said whatsoever about our individual sins.

Isaiah 53:11 says (NASB) "As a result of the anguish of His soul, He will see it and be satisfied;
    By His knowledge the Righteous One, My Servant, will justify the many, As He will bear their iniquities."

Note here that only those actually justified are in view, and He will bear, take away their iniquities.

I think you may come to the same conclusion I did, that the spiritual process of redemption takes place in two separate acts, the "lease purchase" for all mankind,
    and the individual receiving the benefit of that "lease purchase" through the circumcision of Christ. Romans 8:3 again presents Christ as a sin offering, rather than as sin.

God Bless

#22 Van, May 6, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: May 6, 2011