1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Did Jesus turn the water into wine, or grape juice

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by rjprince, Mar 29, 2006.

?
  1. Jesus made wine...

98.3%
  2. Jesus made grape juice...

1.7%
  1. rjprince

rjprince Active Member

And boy do I know about mistakes. The wreckage of past mistakes does indeed litter my past as well. I have watched alcohol, or rather the abuse of alcohol, tear apart many a family. I have seen the effects of its ravages very clearly in my own family as well, just not my immediate family. Yet ALL OF THAT will still not permit me to handle the Word of God in any manner that is less than faithful to the text.

I am only 50 (almost), so I may not have seen as much as you have, but I have seen enough to hate the stuff.

But again, my hatred for the abuse and danger of alcohol will never persuade me to handle the word of God loosely to make my point...

I wonder if some of you guys even read my position on abstinence in my very first post that started this thread. How carefully did you read it? We are still ignoring some of the things that were stated at the outset...

2. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

rj;
    Let me tell you a little story about a member of one of our churches. He believed in the Scripture of "a little wine for the stomach sake" but he changed it to "white lightning". He was seen going through with a gallon jug of white lightning and said it was for mediciple reasons. He had also changed the word "little" to a gallon.

He was excluded.

3. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

Charles Meadows;

I think you do err in not giving them credit for what they knew how to do. They could perserve bodies much longer than we can. They built the pyamids and we don't even know how they lifted the rocks. They had running water and it took us all the way into the 20th century to get running water in our homes. So I just don't go along with your assumption.

4. blackbird

blackbird Active Member

Boys--I hate to do this---but I'm fixin' to turn this thread into history! We've reached mile marker 20 and beyond!!

Bro. David