1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Did Lazarus Ever Die Again?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by righteousdude2, Oct 13, 2011.

1. Scarlett O.

Scarlett O. Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I believe that Lazarus died again.

The Bible says in a few places that Jesus is the "firstborn from the dead" and "the first fruit of the dead" and to me that means that He is the first one to die and be resurrected, but never to die again - having a glorifed body.

Everyone who died and was raised from the dead before Jesus was resurrected had to have died again or else they would be the first fruit of the dead.

So - even though the Bible doesn't spell out Lazarus' second time to die, he had to have or else those descriptions of Jesus being the firstborn of the dead are not accurate.

Just my two cents.

2. North Carolina Tentmaker

I really appreciate that RD, but to be painfully honest with you, it just ain't that good. Perhaps after a few more edits and rewrites.