1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Did Paul teach the Pre-Trib view?

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by revmwc, Apr 27, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Calypsis4

Calypsis4 Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Mr.Moderator, I am still pretty new here and I don't know just how far a person can go before being eliminated from the board for attitude or violating the rules, but these individuals you are debating with have insulted you repeatedly for many days. I am just curious; how far is too far? It's not just that they are in theological error but the attitude they have is atrocious.

I might add that I agree with you on this issue very strongly and you have done well in pointing out the errors.

God bless.:flower:

2. Iconoclast

Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Take a poll on it DHK....you will see how many will respond that what I have said is accurate.....

You do not like it because it is me who is the messenger....so ask the others if this is so....

better still read your own posts just in the last few weeks and hold your posts up to the same standard of judgment that you apply here.

3. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    You have accused board members of being heretics twice that I know of and are posting perverted things about human/ angel sex on the other denomination forum...you have already gone too far.

4. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You are quite the hypocrite DHK. For scores of times you have told me personally and Calvinists in general to believe the Bible and not John Calvin. You have said that you believe the Bible instead of The Institutes of John Calvin.

You have brought up the man of Geneva scads of times out of the blue on threads that his name was mentioned by no one.

You have the audacity to level at others the very thing you have regularly practiced on the BB for more than a dozen years.

You have charged Calvinists with belief in false doctrine --even damnable heresy. And then you make claims that in conterdistinction you follow the Bible. You stink with your hypocrisy.

5. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    :thumbs::wavey::thumbsup::thumbs:

6. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Why must I feel compelled to respond to you also, and more importantly why must you be compelled to enter into something that is totally off topic, now on a thread that has been completely derailed and thus will shortly be shut down.

I always compare any teaching to the Bible. Whether it be Calvinism or any other doctrine I compare it to the Bible.
    The difference here is that I can't compare what I have never read to the Bible. I have my beliefs concerning dispensationalism from the Bible not from Darby whom I have never read, or any other of their sources. Thus I and the others who have basically said the same thing, are falsely accused. That is unlike you who constantly quote Calvin, Spurgeon, the Puritans, other Calvinists and even the ECF. There is a world of difference.
    Yes, and we can compare what he believes and what he says to the Bible, especially since you claim to believe in his writings.
    A false accusation.
    I believe Calvinism to be in error. However I can compare the writings of Calvin--writings which you quote and you believe--to the Bible.
    I don't affirm the writings of Darby, and yet am accused of believing them.
    That is the difference. I hope you understand that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.