1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Did Political Correctness Play a Pert in the Fort Hood Slaughter

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by OldRegular, Nov 6, 2009.

1. Dragoon68

Dragoon68 Active Member

Let's see what the facts bear out in a few weeks or so. There has to be a lot more to this story than we have on the table right now. It seems to be an extraordinary event for a Major to commit such an act and especially within the military community. The Army is not immune to internal criminal acts including murder but something like this is way outside the norm. The closet I can recall is the Ft. Bragg shooter back in 1995. The CIDC and others will get to the bottom of it but it may take a while for the details to be made public given the need to build and protect a solid case against the accused. In the mean time, I pray for comfort to all those effected, for wisdom of the leadership in dealing with it, and for thanks that prompt action was taken and worse harm was averted.

2. RAdam

RAdam New Member

People are surprised by this action, but they shouldn't be. If you will study the life, the tactics, and the teaching of Mohammed you would expect every Muslim that follows his teachings to do things like this. It's America's willfull ignorance of Islam and the media's purposeful deception of exactly what Islam is and what it teaches that leads people to be surprised by this. The terrorists are not radical or extremist Muslims, they are Muslims following the lead of their prophet. In other words, they are normal Muslims. Islam is not a religion of peace.

3. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

I agree with much of what you say above. Islam is not a religion of peace. Unfortunately it is politically incorrect to say anything negative about anyone other than Christians. I suppose there are some Muslims that want to live peacefully in this country but I am not willing to bet the future of the country on it. We have seen just recently the honor killings of Muslim girls or women by their fathers because they became "too westernized".

One of the biggest mistakes we made in going into Iraq is that we did not understand the Islamic or the Arabic mind. I believe that is one, among many, reason that Europe will be over run by Islam. They have gone almost completely secular and are ripe for takeover by the Islamic immigrants.

These people have not assimilated any in Europe and I suspect far less than we believe in this country. We are already kowtowing to them in this country, installing faucets so they can wash their feet before prayers. Can you imagine something being done for Christians.

I am afraid the actions of the Major may be just a prelude to similar actions by others. Just think of the destruction one man could do in a crowded mall!

4. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Just think of the damage that one non-Muslim did to the federal building in Oklahoma City.

5. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Irrelevant. We are not at war with the Timothy McVeigh's of the world. But then of course you know how irrelevant it is.

6. just-want-peace

just-want-peace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The following posted earlier, but Ken's comment just begged that it be repeated!!

JWP sez:

7. RAdam

RAdam New Member

Europe is indeed ripe for the taking. They think like America is beginning to think and they are refusing to face and speak the truth concerning Islam. What they don't realize is Muslims don't believe in religious freedom. As soon as the Muslims take over their country they will get an ultimatum - convert or be killed. The Jews and the Christians will get 3 choices, the 3rd being subjection and taxation. History and the teachings of Islam bear this out, but Europe is too stupid to realize it and America is following the same path.

8. OldRegular

Are you certain he was not a convert to Islam! I believe he served in the Middle east during the first Iraqi war.

9. OldRegular

[Quote:]
    The way so many folk are putting their heads in the sand, I would love to own a few hundred acres in the SW, as sand is going to be a very lucrative commodity soon!!![/quote]

Actually you might be able to sell some to the Muslims [I guess I should call them what they are, Mohammedans.]. It is probably not well known but they can use sand to clean their feet if water is not available.

10. windcatcher

windcatcher New Member

His parents were muslim and he was raised in the muslim religion. There is no report of his conversion to another religion. 20 years ago he was a idealic young man who embraced our country and no doubt the freedoms, opportunities, and probably the freedom of expression and indulgence which would not have been allowed in a muslim country of the East. Joining the military and getting their grants and assistance to school into an expensive education and promising profession probable seemed the right thing to do. His religion and the immigrant status of his family had made eastern culture a basis part of his roots....... which he did identify with....... and his spiritual counself was sought off base by attending the mosque where he lived or was stationed ......as that in Virginia where instruction was under a militant inman. However much or little this had to do with this act............it is very likely he came to his own decision after a 'mid life crisis' of reveiw and dissatifaction with his own life and an outlook changed from the idealism of youth now jaded by the reality of life and its responsibilities. Neither his religion nor his life's experciences nor professional training answered the questions of how to be saved, an answer for the fear of death and facing one's own mortality, of dealing with human nature and the cruelty we can have towards each other, or the maturing realization and acceptance 'that life is not fair' which does not include an understanding of sin, human nature, contrasted and relieved by the experience of the mercies and forgiveness and grace of the God who makes himself personally known to those who seek him and open to him........ his foundation did not build something he could believe in and live a life of gratitude and freedom and joy. In his religion the answer to the end of life remains dark and uncertain, and its teachings give an uncertain future after death based upon obediance, fanaticism, and self-destruction for the advancement of his religion and to appease his god. He has no promises concerning what he's done will be acceptible. His god is not like God, but is a poor substitute to a people who are bitter that they were not the chosen or favored from the seed of Abraham and are living out their resentment and have accepted a god of their own making.

This act could have been conspiracy: But it is just as possible, under the teachings and observance of his own religion that the plan was his own without co-conspirators, still an act of terrorism and treason and murder, boen from the pits of hell........

I feel a compassion for his soul and also a hatered for his action.

11. OldRegular

It is becoming more obvious with the unfolding of events each day that political correctness did play a significant roll in the terrorist attack at Fort Hood. Strangely the Army Chief of Staff Casey was more concerned about adverse reaction to Mohammedans than he was about the 13 dead at Fort Hood, at least publicly.

12. Dragoon68

Dragoon68 Active Member

13. sag38

sag38 Active Member

How in the world are you going to get anyone with the level of education and training to commit to time in the military unless you give them high rank and pay. I would imagine that he came into the Army as a Captain having skipped the ranks of the lowly Lieutenants.

14. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well, judging by some of the posts by some Christians on this board there certainly needs to be concern about adverse reaction to Muslims because of the actions of this murderer. If Christians who are supposed to have as their main goal in life the bringing of others to Christ Jesus to the glory of God react this way just imagine how people who are not Christians may be reacting.

15. abcgrad94

abcgrad94 Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Really? Where's the concern for OUR TROOPS, their families, and those who have suffered this tragedy? Are you actually buying into the media trash that our concern for our country is "judgemental" for these poor little helpless bloodthirsty killers? Gimme a break!

When I see the muslims reaching out, apologizing for the actions of one of their own, and TRYING to get along with others, then maybe, just maybe I won't suffer an "adverse reaction" to the filthy murderers who teach and glorify this type of behavior. Until then, yes, I will be suspicious, watchful, and even a bit prejudiced against Muslims, and I make no apology for it.

16. OldRegular

From the above!

Apparently, according to the ABC Intelligence Correspondent on O'Reilly, the above was passed on to the Army.

17. OldRegular

KenH

Just how many Mohammedans have you concerted to Christianity?

18. OldRegular

At the risk of being harshly judged by KenH and others!:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

19. OldRegular

It is called Political Correctness!:tonofbricks::tonofbricks:

20. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Or affirmative action.

One is just as pernicious as the other.